Thread: Brandon Williams DE Texas Tech in the 4th or 5th round?

Default Brandon Williams DE Texas Tech in the 4th or 5th round?

Do you guys know anything about Brandon Williams DE out of Texas Tech?

I saw him play in the bowl game against Ole Miss and was impressed. He lined up over Michael Oher from Ole Miss. The analysts kept jocking Oher because I think they thought they were supposed to, meanwhile Williams looked very impressive versus Oher IMO.

He had a sack against him lte in the game and was able to speed rush him several times. The places I've read say that he is prjected no earlier that the 3rd round. I've see a mock where they have listed as the 12th best DE.

I think if he is on the board in the 4th or 5th round, we should take a strong look at him if we stay in a 4-3 defense.

Let me know if you know anything else about him.
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2009DE.php

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2009&genpos=DE

Funny I just mentioned him today in the 3-4 thread. I actually think he's way undersized for 4-3 DE, but perfect for a pass rushing 3-4 OLB. He had 12 sacks last year. He'd be a nice pick to play opposite Hali at 3-4 OLB if we don't take Curry with our 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Funny I just mentioned him today in the 3-4 thread. I actually think he's way undersized for 4-3 DE, but perfect for a pass rushing 3-4 OLB. He had 12 sacks last year. He'd be a nice pick to play opposite Hali at 3-4 OLB if we don't take Curry with our 1st round pick.
    I thought he was impressive in terms of his ability to get to the edge. I don't know much about his ability to run block, etc. I think this team needs some depth at DE so he could be worth a 4th rd'er. I don't think you could take him in the 3rd at our draft position though. You'd likely be passing on a solid RT like Phil Loadholt or possibly even a utility guy like Pat White.

I am going to tape the combine workouts over the next few days, so I'll try to get a better look at him.