Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So if anyone was going to be traded......

Hybrid View

Default So if anyone was going to be traded......

Wouldn't a trade have already taken place? I mean its getting kinda close to draft day and I think if they were going to trade a player, they would have done it buy now.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Wouldn't a trade have already taken place? I mean its getting kinda close to draft day and I think if they were going to trade a player, they would have done it buy now.
    Whoa, hoss. We haven't even begun free agency yet. Trades are going to come throughout the league in March and April - not in February.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Whoa, hoss. We haven't even begun free agency yet. Trades are going to come throughout the league in March and April - not in February.
    Oh yeah, good point I guess. So March first is the first day?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Feb. 27 — Free agency begins; trading period begins.
    March 22-25 — Annual owners meeting, Dana Point, Calif.
    April 17 — Signing period ends for restricted free agents.
    April 24 — Deadline for old club to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.
    April 25-26 — NFL draft, New York.
    May 18-20 — Spring meeting, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
    June 1 — Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned unrestricted free agents to receive exclusive negotiating rights for rest of season if player is not signed by another club by July 22. Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned restricted free agents or to extend qualifying offer to retain exclusive negotiating rights.
    June 15 —Deadline for old clubs to withdraw original qualifying offer to unsigned restricted free agents and still retain exclusive negotiating rights by substituting tender of 110 percent of previous years salary.
    July 22 — Signing period ends at 4 p.m. EDT for unrestricted free agents who received June 1 tender.
    Aug. 9 — Pro Football Hall of Fame Game, Canton, Ohio.
    Aug. 13-17 — First preseason weekend.
    Sept. 1 — Roster cutdown to maximum of 75 players.
    Sept. 5 — Roster cutdown to maximum of 53 players.
    Sept. 10 — Season opener.

I see LJ, Tony G., and maybe DJ being on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post

I see LJ, Tony G., and maybe DJ being on the block.
    I see LJ, but have not seen nor heard anything that would indicate the other two would be trade fodder.

I think there is a lot of speculation right now, and Pioli's tendency to not flood the world with news of his plans and ideas is awesome. We'll know who's up for trade when they get traded under this GM.

JB

the only one i can see traded is Larry Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I see LJ, but have not seen nor heard anything that would indicate the other two would be trade fodder.

I think there is a lot of speculation right now, and Pioli's tendency to not flood the world with news of his plans and ideas is awesome. We'll know who's up for trade when they get traded under this GM.

JB
    Well, the whole Tony G. trade saga midseason combined with Pioli's unsentimental streak combined with our desparate need for OL and 3-4 defensive personnel makes me think they'll at least assess his market value. If they could get a low 1st/high 2nd for him, it wouldn't shock me to see him traded.

And if Pioli and Haley don't think DJ can hack it in a 3-4, he has value on the trade market given his athleticism, low salary, and youth. Come to think of it, Hali might be on the market for the same reasons.

I just don't see any other player that has any trade value at all, and whom we would trade. Dorsey's cap hit is too big. Bowe isn't going anywhere. Thigpen has more value to us than we could get in a trade. Waters , Pollard, Carr, Flowers, and Albert aren't going anywhere. No one else is probably worth a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    This is something Im really starting to admire bout Pioli. Nothing is instant with him. He waits and lets others start or "jump the gun". Wait and analizes,.

When it was the most obvious that Herms should be fired (with the exception of Lions HC). Instead Herm gets fired last out of 11 HCs fired.

I appreciate someone who takes decisions this seriously. Even the ones that seem like no-brainers.

Yes I know you want to see some action in trades and FA, but let Pioli work his magic.

Besides, what other teams do you see making trades and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    This is something Im really starting to admire bout Pioli. Nothing is instant with him. He waits and lets others start or "jump the gun". Wait and analizes,.

When it was the most obvious that Herms should be fired (with the exception of Lions HC). Instead Herm gets fired last out of 11 HCs fired.

I appreciate someone who takes decisions this seriously. Even the ones that seem like no-brainers.

Yes I know you want to see some action in trades and FA, but let Pioli work his magic.

Besides, what other teams do you see making trades and such.
    I agree 100%. I have complete faith in Pioli, until proven otherwise (which I don't think will be the case). You can really get a good idea of his makeup from his press conference. Don't look for him to make the big splash in FA/draft/trades just for the sake of a big name, but someone who will be the smart choice. As he said in his first day here, he is interested in not necessarily the best players but the right players for this team. If that does not include some long time favorites on the team, well so be it. That has sure seemed to work for the Pats. As for the secrecy, I love it. It's the smart thing to do, plus it gives us something to debate.

What about that FB from Seattle that is built like a tank?

We could sign him.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast