Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: interesting that the Chiefs draft isn't more like a FF draft...

Default interesting that the Chiefs draft isn't more like a FF draft...

I find it explainable but interesting nonetheless that the NFL draft is so different from a fantasy football draft.

In fantasy, you (generally) would love to have a top 3 pick. For the Chiefs, you can probably make the case every year that any prospect would be a reach or not worth the money at no. 3. I'd argue based on production that Dorsey wasn't worth it.

Does our top pick have to be a QB OT or DE? Why not take a LB, especially with all this talk of moving to a 3-4? Game changers come at all positions, Safety, Linebacker, etc. If I think about it, if we're drafting a top playmaker, the only positions that make no sense would be FB and P/K...the rest can make plays and be worth $30M in their 1st contract.

I've never seen the guy play but if Aaron Curry is the next Ray Lewis - we should take him at no. 3. I sort of think if he's going to turn our D around...it doesn't matter that he's an LB and not a DE.

Rey Maualuga > Aaron Curry (In a 3-4 D)

I would still take Maualuga over Curry in a 4-3, but Curry would probably be the "smarter" pick. Maualuga is just the EXACT guy we need on our D ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Rey Maualuga > Aaron Curry (In a 3-4 D)

I would still take Maualuga over Curry in a 4-3, but Curry would probably be the "smarter" pick. Maualuga is just the EXACT guy we need on our D ATM.
    *nods happily*

Maualuga is worth trading back into the 1st for. My favorite player in this draft.

there's a lot of love for Malauga on this board. has anyone seen Curry play (more than a few times) and have any thoughts?

I just checked them both out on youtube... Curry and Maualuga look pretty similar....always coming out of nowhere and making stops ie driving the RB/WR backwards. I have no idea - these guy look about as good as DJ looked coming out of college from what I saw.

Curry
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEwCf7huMgs"]YouTube - LB Aaron Curry Highlights Wake Forest 2008[/ame]

Maualuga
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp1dUZUMXxc&feature=related"]YouTube - LB Rey Maualuga Highlights USC 2008[/ame]

The only problem with viewing "you tube" videos, is that you only see the GOOD plays.
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

Curry looks like the better tackler to me.

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    The only problem with viewing "you tube" videos, is that you only see the GOOD plays.
    excellent point... it's not about a few good plays they made over the course of the season, it's about whether or not they're getting into position to make plays all game and then executing. I could care less if someone makes a colossal hit every game if he's blowing tackles the rest of the time.

I agree - highlight films are exactly that. But Curry made A LOT of good plays in these hard to see, grainy videos. Ma'ga made some but seem to be involved in more gang tackles.

Here's some good scouting on Curry here and
    Maualuga here
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast