Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about drafting Eugene Monroe at #3?

Default How about drafting Eugene Monroe at #3?

a stud offensive line is what made us unstoppable on O with Priest et al....

Two words.

PASS RUSHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!1
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by wubfree View Post
    a stud offensive line is what made us unstoppable on O with Priest et al....
    I would agree and say take the best LT left in the draft. To me the best defense is a great offense. If you score 35+ points a game your defense only has to hold once or twice. However, since we're probably switching from a 4-3 D to a 3-4 D we're going to need to use this draft to take care of what we can't fill in FA and then patch the O til next year.

I think the stunt that Andre Smith pulled at the combine will cost us getting Eugene Monroe. I would imagine that he will now be the #1 ranked LT in this year's draft. I would love to have Monroe at #3.

But I really think the Chiefs need to take an impact defensive player with the 1st rd pick. I think we can get a solid Center(Mack, Unger) in the 2nd rd or a solid RT(Loadholt) in the 3nd rd.

I will change my mind in 20 minutes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think the stunt that Andre Smith pulled at the combine will cost us getting Eugene Monroe. I would imagine that he will now be the #1 ranked LT in this year's draft. I would love to have Monroe at #3.

But I really think the Chiefs need to take an impact defensive player with the 1st rd pick. I think we can get a solid Center(Mack, Unger) in the 2nd rd or a solid RT(Loadholt) in the 3nd rd.

Haven't been able to catch any combine coverage this year Coach.

What stunt?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Haven't been able to catch any combine coverage this year Coach.

What stunt?
    He showed up overweight and out of shape and chose not to participate in the drills. Then he just bailed.

CNBC estimate: Andre Smith could lose $24M in draft freefall - The Huddle - USATODAY.com

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

I agree, you and me will probably changes our mind's, several times! I want Curry for now.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I agree, you and me will probably changes our mind's, several times! I want Curry for now.
    He would be my first choice! guy is an animal

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I'm hearing a lot of good things about Curry as well. I just think we can get a good LB in free agency. Once the free agency picture plays out, the draft becomes much more predictable.

The combine is also providing some unique twists. Crabtree and Andre Smith could possibly fall to us in the 2nd round right now.

I dont think crabtree will fall to the 2nd round, remember a couple years ago all the media coverage about AP needing surgery and a plate in his shoulder etc etc? I think its the same kind of deal here. Now, as far as Andre Smith is concerned I bet he does fall to the 2nd round, but some GM will take a chance on him sometime in the 2nd just becuase they are gonna pull the trigger and not wait and see if he drops more~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast