Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How about drafting Eugene Monroe at #3?

Default How about drafting Eugene Monroe at #3?

a stud offensive line is what made us unstoppable on O with Priest et al....

I would love a LT too. But we need to address the Defense, severely.

Here is a good read for those that say your best defense is a good offense.

Kansas City Chiefs - Ranking the 2008 Offenses

I've been saying that we need to draft an O-lineman this entire time. You have NEVER seen a bad team with a great O-line!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    I would love a LT too. But we need to address the Defense, severely.

Here is a good read for those that say your best defense is a good offense.

Kansas City Chiefs - Ranking the 2008 Offenses
    But there was only 3 teams with poor offenses that entered the postseason.

After surfing the web for as much information as I can find, this is my conclusion.
    Our draft depends on the FA's we sign.
    The ravens are resigning Lewis and letting Scott become a free agent. That puts Scott, Vilma and Chandler on the market. I can see us signing two of them.
    Our problem at DE will be addresed in FA, probally Smith of the Cardnals.
    There are FA capable of playing RT available, that is a possability.
    As for the draft:
    Curry is awsome and should be our #3 if available, but it looks like the Lions will take him.
    After the combine, Jason Smith will be the #1 LT taken, probally by the Rams.
    This would mean the only two players that would fit the value of the @3 pick would be Crabtree or Monroe.
    If we go to a 3-4 defense year, we will still need a nose tackle. We will Probally make do until next years draft to fill that need. Cody from Alabama will coming out next year and he's about 360 and is a monster in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I would agree and say take the best LT left in the draft. To me the best defense is a great offense. If you score 35+ points a game your defense only has to hold once or twice. However, since we're probably switching from a 4-3 D to a 3-4 D we're going to need to use this draft to take care of what we can't fill in FA and then patch the O til next year.
    What happens when your offense runs into a great defense? It sputters almost every time. Just look at the last ten years. Best team of the decade wins three SB's and loses the 4th when it has one the best offenses in history. Pitt takes care of the Cardinals this year. Baltimore and Tampa are among the list of recent champions. Heck, the best Chiefs offense in recent history put together a 13-3 season and hit another road block in the playoffs. I'd rather have a balanced team. The best defense is a good defense, and the best offense is a good offense -_-

this would be ideal in my opinion. i can't wait for the draft. im going to get up early in the morning and prepare for it like it's the super bowl.

Curry is the best 4-3 LB to out of the draft in years, but in a 3-4 he will not be as dominate!!!! If we stay with 4-3 then Curry is a no brainer, but if we go 3-4 Curry at 3 would be a waste when we could trade down and get an extra 2nd rounder and a next year 2nd rounder and take the best 3-4 MLB in the draft Rey Maualuga!!!!

If we can not trade down we take Monroe. He is the ONLY for sure LT that we know can play with or even better then Albert.

If Monroe is already gone then we should go ahead and give up a TON of draft value and trade down. If we agree to trade down with say the Jags for ONLY a 2nd rounder they will not pass on that. Then we go ahead and draft Maualuga and gain an extra 2nd rounder to use for the Oline OR a pass rushing DE/OLB for our 3-4 D.

If we go to a 3-4:

1) Trade down for good value and draft Rey Maualuga and gain a couple extra picks.

2) Draft Monroe

3) Trade down for low value and draft Rey Maualuga and only gain 1 extra pick.

If we stay with a 4-3:

1) Draft Aaron Curry

2) Trade down and gain a couple extra picks and draft Rey Maualuga or the Top DE

3) Draft Monroe

4) Give up draft value and trade down for only 1 extra pick and take Maualuga or best DE on board

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Curry is the best 4-3 LB to out of the draft in years, but in a 3-4 he will not be as dominate!!!! If we stay with 4-3 then Curry is a no brainer, but if we go 3-4 Curry at 3 would be a waste when we could trade down and get an extra 2nd rounder and a next year 2nd rounder and take the best 3-4 MLB in the draft Rey Maualuga!!!!

If we can not trade down we take Monroe. He is the ONLY for sure LT that we know can play with or even better then Albert.

If Monroe is already gone then we should go ahead and give up a TON of draft value and trade down. If we agree to trade down with say the Jags for ONLY a 2nd rounder they will not pass on that. Then we go ahead and draft Maualuga and gain an extra 2nd rounder to use for the Oline OR a pass rushing DE/OLB for our 3-4 D.

If we go to a 3-4:

1) Trade down for good value and draft Rey Maualuga and gain a couple extra picks.

2) Draft Monroe

3) Trade down for low value and draft Rey Maualuga and only gain 1 extra pick.

If we stay with a 4-3:

1) Draft Aaron Curry

2) Trade down and gain a couple extra picks and draft Rey Maualuga or the Top DE

3) Draft Monroe

4) Give up draft value and trade down for only 1 extra pick and take Maualuga or best DE on board
    If we somehow managed to trade down to with Jax, why not take Raji at 8 (if we don't jump the gun on him there I'd be willing to bet that GB does) and an OLB like Clint Sintim in the second with a Center/Guard pick as the other second round pick. More bang for the buck imo, especially with so many teams making the switch to a 3-4 scheme over the years, players like that come at a premium whereas LB's, especially this year may be a little easier to come by.

As it stands, I've had a little change of heart over the last few days. I'd rather hold on to a 4-3 scheme right now and take Curry 3rd, he seems like a real class act, and the team is geared toward that anyway, just need another quality DL player to complement Curry, and maybe another couple DB's/LB's.

I agree,

Just think of this.

Sign Crowder for MLB

Sign Canty or Smith for our stud DE

Draft Curry.

Tamba----Tank----Dorsey-----Canty/smith

D. Johnson----Crowder-----Curry

Would be a killer 4-3 setup.

hopefully whomever becomes our DC bases his defense scheme 3-4 or 4-3 on available personel not on what he likes to coach, at least until he can get the right guys for his scheme in place. that said we will probably stay at 4-3 for now unless the can juggle the roster around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast