Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Brooks waivd (we need a leader)

Default Derrick Brooks waivd (we need a leader)

Someone that can light a fire under these young guys. Brooks just might be that guy. I dont know about you guys. but im sick and tired of no one being fired up about letting the other team score. Everyone just walks off the field, like it was suppose to happen. Sure get a great defensive talent in the draft, but who is going to help guide him on the field. Surtain and Edwards is gone. Who is our D-general?

While it sounds good in theory Brooks is going to be another one of those guys that commands too much money at the end of his career. If we could have him for a year or two at a bargain I would be more inclined to cheerlead for that, but I am betting he is gonna command more than we should spend on a player that wont be around for a while~

He's 35. Not exactly part of a youth movement. I agree that if you can get a 1-2 yr deal with him at modest money, then he's an option. But I'm guessing he is looking for at least a 2 yr deal that is front loaded with a lot of guaranteed money. Pioli would laugh at that.

There's too much Donnie Edwards all over again potential in signing him. Great player in his day, but his day is long past. He's also too small for a 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    There's too much Donnie Edwards all over again potential in signing him. Great player in his day, but his day is long past. He's also too small for a 3-4.
    Yea. Too old. Way past his prime.

I wouldn't mind D Brooks. Just because he's 35 don't count him out. We need to be able to give him rest though. He would be a great locker room addition but don't think he IS the answer. We need several players in the front 7. He would help the other LB's and give us some defensive leadership.

Doesn't make sense to cut Donnie Edwards and sign Brooks. He won't be here.
    SHUT IT

I'm echoing everyone else but I agree on the too old, too small, and no longer relevant to the defense point. He was good when he was good but now hes just aged goods. Pioli already proved that he is stepping away from the tampa 2 and players associated with it.

Good idea about Brooks...but you forget how old he is.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    He's 35. Not exactly part of a youth movement. I agree that if you can get a 1-2 yr deal with him at modest money, then he's an option. But I'm guessing he is looking for at least a 2 yr deal that is front loaded with a lot of guaranteed money. Pioli would laugh at that.

well said. We don't need another old guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast