Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Free Agents Who should we get and who do we need

Post Free Agents Who should we get and who do we need

with all the free agents coming up who should we go after imo RAY LEWIS would be a great D leader for our young team
    At least where not the the lions

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Jonathan Vilma (probably gonna resign with NO and cost the Saints a first round pick)
    It only costs the Saints a 1st rd pick if they sign him prior to free agency which they clearly won't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    It only costs the Saints a 1st rd pick if they sign him prior to free agency which they clearly won't do.
    well, that blows

Crowder to me, is the top option, and Keomeotu(spelling) the guard from the steelers...bring those 2 in, check to see if Boley is a fit and if Demorrio is cuttable and replacable with Boley, and definitely find a 4th corner if possible....

But Crowder/Keomeatu, would be a win in my book, even with a lot of extra cash, there arent many great free agents honestly, If Dansby were there, sure, but Crowder and Keo are the only two who will be available and are at a high talent level and of good age...at least at LB/G.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't really think that we need any LBs, except to fill the fourth spot in a 3-4.

I don't have a problem with the guys we had there in '08.

The 3-4 defense is awfully flattering to LBs in general. And last seasons defense certainly wasn't.

If we can get solid play from the D-line, then the LBs will look good.

The big guys up front make the "skill position" players look good, or look bad, on both sides of the ball.
    ya but you got a extra LB spot then that [generally] means you have to have an extra LB to back him up.

And you know what, I wouldnt mind seeing ol Keith Brooking over here if Falcs dont retain him.

Take him and get Curry, and our LBs are set.

What about Bironas?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    If we nab Arron curry in the draft then I think we should grab ray Lewis if possible because that would be a pretty scary core wether we stay 4-3 or swap over to a 3-4
    Umm LOL? Your not serious are you. Just because he is a FA doesn't mean you look at him like one, because he isn't coming here. See you make a list of possible players you want and can get. He isn't on there. Too old, too expensive. There really IMO isn't much in this FA. The ridiculous Franchise Tag messed everything up. Not that we would get anyone that was Franchised, but still.

I say ditch the 3rd if anyone wants it, maybe send a few players around to get a few more picks, and build through the draft yet again. Because I look at the FA Board and see absolutely nothing worth our time. But hey, maybe thats just me.

Cato June was released by the Bucs today. His last 2 years have been a little stale, but I remember him as playing rather well before that.
    He's 29 now, but should still have some good years in the tank. But maybe he is too far past his prime? What do you think? Atleast he comes with experience from a rather good defence..

REPORT: ROGERS WANTS OUT OF CLEVELAND

Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2009, 6:57 a.m.
    In 2008, several teams made deals for oversized defensive tackles who had worn out their welcomes in the cities that drafted them.
    Specifically, the Jets traded for Kris Jenkins of the Panthers, the Broncos traded for Dewayne Robertson of the Jets, the Bills traded for Marcus Stroud of the Jaguars, and the Browns traded for Shaun Rogers of the Lions.
    After, of course, the Bengals tried unsuccessfully to do so.
    If Rogers has his way, only two of them will remain in place a year after the fact. Recently, the Broncos cut Robertson — and Rogers reportedly wants the Browns to do the same.
    According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Rogers wants out of Cleveland in the wake of the regime change from Phil Savage-Romeo Crennel to George Kokinis-Eric Mangini.
    Schefter specifically reports that Rogers has asked the Browns not to pay a $6 million option bonus owed to him next month. The payment is part of $15 million in guaranteed money that Rogers is still due to receive.
    Rogers’ nose is out of its normal joint in part because of two perceived incidents of disrespect involving the new coach. First, Mangini allegedly entered the team’s training room and failed to greet Rogers. (Maybe they should adopt a “kiss hello” program to avoid such issues.) Then, at a charity event for which both were in the “green room,” Mangini didn’t speak to Rogers.
    Mangini later said that he didn’t know Rogers was there.
    Yeah, he’s easy to miss.
    The Browns, per Schefter, don’t intend to part ways with Rogers. He excelled in his first season as a 3-4 nose tackle, and the Browns will need him as they continue to use that same defensive approach.
    But maybe Rogers is eyeing another situation in which the 3-4 is going to be adopted. Perhaps a situation where Crennel has been linked as a potential consultant. Perhaps a situation where the future is perceived to be much brighter with the addition of one of the architects of those these Super Bowls in four years that the Patriots won earlier this decade.
    The possibility of Rogers fleeing to the Chiefs is all the more reason, in our view, for the Browns to refuse to let him go. Though both Mangini and Scott Pioli are now with new teams, we’ve got a feeling that the bad blood from the Jets-Pats feud runs very deep, and that Mangini will do nothing if it can directly or indirectly help Pioli’s new team succeed.

Would this gut be of any service? his numbers are not too bad. I do not know much about him...attitude etc.

I'd love to have Rogers.. he's a 3 time pro bowler, and could anchor our defense in the 3-4 at NT. Then we can draft Curry or a LT without worrying about the NT position.

I don't think he's going anywhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    REPORT: ROGERS WANTS OUT OF CLEVELAND

Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2009, 6:57 a.m.
    In 2008, several teams made deals for oversized defensive tackles who had worn out their welcomes in the cities that drafted them.
    Specifically, the Jets traded for Kris Jenkins of the Panthers, the Broncos traded for Dewayne Robertson of the Jets, the Bills traded for Marcus Stroud of the Jaguars, and the Browns traded for Shaun Rogers of the Lions.
    After, of course, the Bengals tried unsuccessfully to do so.
    If Rogers has his way, only two of them will remain in place a year after the fact. Recently, the Broncos cut Robertson — and Rogers reportedly wants the Browns to do the same.
    According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Rogers wants out of Cleveland in the wake of the regime change from Phil Savage-Romeo Crennel to George Kokinis-Eric Mangini.
    Schefter specifically reports that Rogers has asked the Browns not to pay a $6 million option bonus owed to him next month. The payment is part of $15 million in guaranteed money that Rogers is still due to receive.
    Rogers’ nose is out of its normal joint in part because of two perceived incidents of disrespect involving the new coach. First, Mangini allegedly entered the team’s training room and failed to greet Rogers. (Maybe they should adopt a “kiss hello” program to avoid such issues.) Then, at a charity event for which both were in the “green room,” Mangini didn’t speak to Rogers.
    Mangini later said that he didn’t know Rogers was there.
    Yeah, he’s easy to miss.
    The Browns, per Schefter, don’t intend to part ways with Rogers. He excelled in his first season as a 3-4 nose tackle, and the Browns will need him as they continue to use that same defensive approach.
    But maybe Rogers is eyeing another situation in which the 3-4 is going to be adopted. Perhaps a situation where Crennel has been linked as a potential consultant. Perhaps a situation where the future is perceived to be much brighter with the addition of one of the architects of those these Super Bowls in four years that the Patriots won earlier this decade.
    The possibility of Rogers fleeing to the Chiefs is all the more reason, in our view, for the Browns to refuse to let him go. Though both Mangini and Scott Pioli are now with new teams, we’ve got a feeling that the bad blood from the Jets-Pats feud runs very deep, and that Mangini will do nothing if it can directly or indirectly help Pioli’s new team succeed.

Would this gut be of any service? his numbers are not too bad. I do not know much about him...attitude etc.
    If we go 3-4 he could be of use. Especially because NT are so hard to find.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast