Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Free Agents Who should we get and who do we need

Post Free Agents Who should we get and who do we need

with all the free agents coming up who should we go after imo RAY LEWIS would be a great D leader for our young team
    At least where not the the lions

At the moment all I want them to draft is 'Aaron Curry'. But other people will be very good to draft.

Scott, Canty, Curry, and Jason Brown would make this a successful offseason for me.

chris cante DE/dallas and igor olshansky DE/sd can play either in a 4-3 or 3-4
    jason brown is a beast at center who can also play guard
    these would be great acquisitions

To me, Crowder is a huge loss, he was my number 1 option..

Now..Jason Brown, Igor Olshansky, Chris Keomatu(spelling)...would solve C/RG issues, let waters man LG for 3 more years...Albert stays at LT, and RT is a position we monitor...

Igor is an obvious 3-4 upgrade who can also go 4-3. I would love to add Vilma to the list since hes number 2 for me behind Crowder at LB, however I think being realistic, we overpay for Brown, give a nice deal to Chris, and Igor...then find a few other guys coming off their first deal, maybe Nate Washington, and thats that for this year...I would look to deal LJ NOW to get a pick so we figure out the 3rd RB slot with charles/smith assumed to have roles.

I would then use money to resign Page to a 3-4 year deal, nothing huge, but deserving of a non pro bowl starter....I would NOT pay DJ top money since he has not earned it.

The draft arrives, we take Curry, then in the 2nd, if we cant get Brown, we take Mack, if we get Brown, we look hard at RT, then land on hopefully a guy like Larry English falls...If we cant find a number 2, since I think that Bradley is a 3, then maybe in the 2nd round we surprise and take Robitsky(spelling), or maybe Alphonso Smith falls due to size and we have no choice...never know. I think Nate Davis is possible there as well, If Curry wasnt so good, I'd prefer to deal back.
    Last edited by SDChief09; 02-26-2009 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Scott, Canty, Curry, and Jason Brown would make this a successful offseason for me.
    That would be a great off-season. I actually want Brown most of all. We need good linemen, and I think Brown would be better served at RG. Then draft a guy like Alex Mack in the second and our O-line is almost set. Add a receiver like Coles or Housh, and we'll have a great team. Come on Pioli, pull off some magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Everyone I've heard and read about the Vilma situation feels like Vilma is just waiting for free agency to begin before he resigns with the Saints. If he were to sign before FA begins then the Saints would have had to give up a 1st round pick.

Our best chances on that list are Bart Scott, Chris Canty, and Antonio Smith. I'd like Canty the most of those names.
    TIMES CONFIRMS CANTY-TO-SKINS RUMOR

Posted by Mike Florio on February 26, 2009, 11:08 p.m.
    The Washington Times has confirmed our report that the Redskins will be taking immediate aim at Cowboys defensive end Chris Canty once free agency officially opens in less than an hour.
    The most intriguing question about this one is whether and to what extent there has been advance contact between the Redskins and agent Brad Blank.
    Technically, there should be none — not even regarding arrangements for a visit on Friday.
    And the pre-free agency tampering has gotten so rampant that one media source has opined to us that the league is going to have to acknowledge the situation and either permit it or take action to stopt it.
    The problem is that everyone does it. A high-level executive with one team told us a couple of years ago that his team never engaged in advance discussions regarding looming free agents until he realized that his team was at a competitive disadvantage because everyone else was doing it.
    The media source with whom we spoke today shared a similar story regarding a G.M. who realized several years back that, if he didn’t tell agents before the process began that his team was interested in certain players, deals would be in place with other teams before the market actually opened.

So, it seems, do the Redskins

Redskins cancelled their meeting with Canty after agreeing to terms with Haynesworth. But it looks like Canty's now going to meet with Tennessee.

I read THat Canty also is meeting with Denver

Now with Waters being supposedly disgruntled, I have to say I REALLY think we could use Jason Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I read THat Canty also is meeting with Denver
    Why aint he meeting in KC?
    A. Pioli not interested
    B. Canty not interested
    SHUT IT

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast