Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Free Agents Who should we get and who do we need

Post Free Agents Who should we get and who do we need

with all the free agents coming up who should we go after imo RAY LEWIS would be a great D leader for our young team
    At least where not the the lions

Heya all. I'm a fins fan who wanders in here from time to time. Channing Crowder will almost certainly be available. He's smart and a good player but he's no Ray Lewis or Zach Thomas. He is good though. We got him in the 3rd round but he was originally expected to go 1st or 2nd.

Con- He has injury issues. He did play well for the Phins this past year though.

Pro- And this is a big one. He's still young. Only 25 years old, a 4 year starter coming off of his rookie contract. He's a proven defensive leader and the next 4 or 5 years are probably going to be his most productive. And for the money he'll probably be a better value than Ray Lewis who is closer to the end of his career. That is if you can get him without breaking the bank for him.

Regardless of what happens the future looks brighter for the chiefs. I'm just really happy you guys nabbed Pioli from the *spits* Patriots. If you guys can rook Matt Cassel from them somehow I'd be much obliged. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Xeticus View Post
    Heya all. I'm a fins fan who wanders in here from time to time. Channing Crowder will almost certainly be available. He's smart and a good player but he's no Ray Lewis or Zach Thomas. He is good though. We got him in the 3rd round but he was originally expected to go 1st or 2nd.

Con- He has injury issues. He did play well for the Phins this past year though.

Pro- And this is a big one. He's still young. Only 25 years old, a 4 year starter coming off of his rookie contract. He's a proven defensive leader and the next 4 or 5 years are probably going to be his most productive. And for the money he'll probably be a better value than Ray Lewis who is closer to the end of his career. That is if you can get him without breaking the bank for him.

Regardless of what happens the future looks brighter for the chiefs. I'm just really happy you guys nabbed Pioli from the *spits* Patriots. If you guys can rook Matt Cassel from them somehow I'd be much obliged. :)
    Thanks for the insight on Crowder. I would be very happy to see him in Red and Gold next year. He is a young stud who is only going to get better. Not the big glamor name like Lewis or Dansby, but definately someone who would improve the Chiefs defense immediately.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Crowder, Brown, Keomeatu(spelling)...if we could land Crowder and one of those 2 lineman I'd be a happy guy.

If we lose out on Crowder, I'd look at Scott, but would hate to overpay...if we strike out on LB's in free agency, and can nab those other 2 OL, then in the draft, going Curry then another LB is possible, however I'd prefer Curry then Jackson then Mathews 1/2/3.

Ray Lewis is the guy we need. We need on field leadership on the defensive side.
    Offseason Wish List

Chiefs blog

Another thing on Landry, he suffered a spinal cord concussion early in the 2008 season. Last I read he still wasn't cleared to play. What about possibly bringing Gibril Wilson in and sliding Pollard down to LB.

If we nab Arron curry in the draft then I think we should grab ray Lewis if possible because that would be a pretty scary core wether we stay 4-3 or swap over to a 3-4

Who we pick up defensively will be determined by what we decide to run. I am not sure why Gibril Wilson was cut but I wouldn't have a problem seeing him in red along with Pollard and Page. I also saw that the jets released their starting guard Brandon Moore, I don't see why we shouldn't put in some effort to get him in KC. I like Curry is we don't trade out of the top 3 but it seems less likely since Andre Smith left the combine hurting his draft status. I would like to see Everette Brown or Orakpo but drafted in the teens. Everette is fast off the edge and when I see Orakpo I hear them say he gets less productive thru the year but he reminds me of Mario Williams a little. I like defense in the first but definitely not a WR.

I don't really think that we need any LBs, except to fill the fourth spot in a 3-4.

I don't have a problem with the guys we had there in '08.

The 3-4 defense is awfully flattering to LBs in general. And last seasons defense certainly wasn't.

If we can get solid play from the D-line, then the LBs will look good.

The big guys up front make the "skill position" players look good, or look bad, on both sides of the ball.

Since when has it been okay to be involved in a murder and drug trafficking , and go on living your life like nothing happened. And besides living your life like nothing happened, your treated like a football god. I personally want Ray Lewis to have nothing to do with this team, because I don't want any young LB's that we might bring in being taught anything by this man. On top of everything else about him, he is a dirty football player that comes from a team of dirty players. He is also a locker room cancer that will fit right in with T.O. destroying that team from the inside out. I say let them have him. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by rustfan76 View Post
    Since when has it been okay to be involved in a murder and drug trafficking , and go on living your life like nothing happened. And besides living your life like nothing happened, your treated like a football god. I personally want Ray Lewis to have nothing to do with this team, because I don't want any young LB's that we might bring in being taught anything by this man. On top of everything else about him, he is a dirty football player that comes from a team of dirty players. He is also a locker room cancer that will fit right in with T.O. destroying that team from the inside out. I say let them have him. JMO
    Personally, I want a dirty playing murderer leading my defense. lol. I'd love for all my LBs to learn from this guy. He's heavily involved in his community and his church. I've never heard of ANYTHING about this guy tearing apart a locker room or heard him labeled as a "locker room cancer." I just think he's a bit too old to contribute a whole lot to this team on the field.

As soon as he retires, I would tab him as my next LB coach. But, if it's an ILB that we're trying to sign, we have to get Vilma.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast