Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Todd Haley Speaks Up

Default Todd Haley Speaks Up

Haley did a little Q&A at the Combine. Mostly vague non-committal answers. Here it is for you to enjoy:

Kansas City Chiefs - Q&A with Head Coach Todd Haley

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Yes he has, too bad it wasn't for our Chiefs . when he does those things for us I will give it up
    So you don't respect Jerry Rice cause he neverplayed for the Chiefs? How about Barry Sanders, Walter Payton. Don Shula. There are plenty of football guys out there worthy of respect. Chiefs or not. I repspect what Pioli has done and I hope he does it for the Chiefs.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I'm not making plays on anyones words. I am just talking about respecting the guy. Some people said he needs to earn their respect. I already respect what the guy has done and I hope it continues. Thats all.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

This might help ppl to respect Pioli. NFL Video Galleries

I guess we see a difference in love vs respect. I love the Chiefs as much as the next guy here but I also love the game of football and I respect anyone who has accomplished as much as someone like Pioli has. I Respect the guy but I don't love him. Bring home the Lombardi and I will love him!!

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    This might help ppl to respect Pioli. NFL Video Galleries
    Nice post, thanks. I think Pioli is going to do great. He has my respect. I also think Curry would be a great pick for us.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Nice post, thanks. I think Pioli is going to do great. He has my respect. I also think Curry would be a great pick for us.
    Yeah he is turning out a great performance at the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I guess we see a difference in love vs respect. I love the Chiefs as much as the next guy here but I also love the game of football and I respect anyone who has accomplished as much as someone like Pioli has. I Respect the guy but I don't love him. Bring home the Lombardi and I will love him!!
    I don't want to see those pictures!
    But yeah, if anybody can bring us the Lombardi I think Pioli can - and will...
    SHUT IT

Most of his answers were so vague that I wondered why he agreed to the interview. You know, he would make a great politician! Here are some of the vague answers, so vague that they made me laugh.

(About Gailey) “Well, again we’re just at the beginning stage of evaluation, and that’s what the staff is going through now. I think that any time there’s a familiarity or continuity, in some respects, I think it’s always good for the player...”
    (Thought as a football team) “That’s a tough question to answer...'
    (defensive)“We’re still in a state of flux. Once again, I’m trying to do my best to get as many good coaches into the building and on to the Chiefs staff as I can...'
    (done with defensive side?)“I can’t say...”
    (more speculation on defense staff)“Again, there’s some fluidity on the defensive side and that’s why I’ve been a little vague on who’s doing what right now..."
    (LJ and Carthton) “We are at the early stage of the evaluation of what we have..."
    (can Maurice coach LJ)“With all situations, there are solutions..."
    (WR = impact players) “Well, I think all players can be impact players..."
    (calling the plays?)“Again, I’m not even done trying to get the staff together..."
    (impression of chiefs?) “You are what you are..."
    (good foundation?)“It’s not fair of me to comment..."
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Most of his answers were so vague that I wondered why he agreed to the interview. You know, he would make a great politician! Here are some of the vague answers, so vague that they made me laugh.

(About Gailey) “Well, again we’re just at the beginning stage of evaluation, and that’s what the staff is going through now. I think that any time there’s a familiarity or continuity, in some respects, I think it’s always good for the player...”
    (Thought as a football team) “That’s a tough question to answer...'
    (defensive)“We’re still in a state of flux. Once again, I’m trying to do my best to get as many good coaches into the building and on to the Chiefs staff as I can...'
    (done with defensive side?)“I can’t say...”
    (more speculation on defense staff)“Again, there’s some fluidity on the defensive side and that’s why I’ve been a little vague on who’s doing what right now..."
    (LJ and Carthton) “We are at the early stage of the evaluation of what we have..."
    (can Maurice coach LJ)“With all situations, there are solutions..."
    (WR = impact players) “Well, I think all players can be impact players..."
    (calling the plays?)“Again, I’m not even done trying to get the staff together..."
    (impression of chiefs?) “You are what you are..."
    (good foundation?)“It’s not fair of me to comment..."
    Cut him a break. He has only been with the team for a couple of weeks. And the Chiefs have been off work since last year. Im sure there isnt to many players hanging around the facility for some time now. And to evaluate the team means he needs to watch the film on the players and get to know them. I bet if someone asked him what he thought of the Arizona Cardinals, he could give you the break down of everyone on that team (even the waterboy lol ).

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Love and respect are hand and hand, When I deside I respect then the love is already there. I want the Lombardi and if Pioli and Haley get it for us, they will get both from, you can see it how you wish my friend ;)
    No they aren't. I respect my boss but I don't love him. There is a big difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123