Thread: Channing Crowder Testing Free Agency

Default Channing Crowder Testing Free Agency

LB Crowder expects Dolphins to let him test free-agent market

Associated Press

JUPITER, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder expects to be on the free-agent market next week, based on his most recent conversations with general manager Jeff Ireland and vice president of football operations Bill Parcells.
    Channing Crowder, LB
    Miami Dolphins

Height: 6-2
    Weight: 250
    Experience: 4th season

"They said, 'Well, we want to see what your market value is, and see where it goes from there,"' Crowder said Friday night at a charity softball game involving NFL players. "So hopefully it does get real, real high and they have to match something high, but we'll see when free agency comes around."
    NFL free agency begins Feb. 27. The Dolphins on Friday announced they re-signed right tackle Vernon Carey, leaving Crowder, safeties Yeremiah Bell and Renaldo Hill and cornerback Andre Goodman to become unrestricted free agents.
    Crowder finished second on the team last season with a career-high 113 tackles. The former Florida Gators star has spent his entire four-year NFL career with the Dolphins.
    "They did have the whole season to re-sign me, and they really didn't want to talk about anything, so maybe they didn't like me as a player or whatever it was," Crowder said. "If they want to get into a bidding battle with somebody, that means they really didn't want me anyway.
    "I want to play football next year, and I'm confident I can play in the NFL, so I'll play football next year and hopefully it's with the Dolphins. But if it's with somebody else, I know I can play football. They had the first crack at it and they dropped the ball, so we'll see what other teams do. It's their loss."

I LIKED WHAT I SEEN OUT OF HIM LAST YEAR BUT NOT SURE IF HE IS THE ANSWER

seems to be comparable to Derrick Johnson?

Would really like to see this guy in Red and Gold next season. Linebackers of him, DJ and Aaron Curry, man that would rock!!!
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

"Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder has admitted not knowing people speak English in London

The NFL player might want to check a map before he gets on board a plane for Sunday's prestige game against the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium.

Crowder, who comes from Atlanta in Georgia, may be praised on the field, but confessed geography was not his strong point.

He admitted he did not know until now where London was - or that Londoners spoke English.

"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries," he said.

"I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that."

Crowder added: "I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him.

"That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name."

The Miami Dolphins are play the New York Giants at Wembley this Sunday in the first NFL regular-season game to be played outside the United States

HAHAHA! My favorite part is that the only London he knows is london fletcher!!

I could go either way on this issue, hes not a top top LB in the league, but we need help at LB, and if he doesnt want a huge contract I wouldnt mind seeing him in KC. If he does want a big contract, I would rather they saved cap space for someone else~

I think hes a heck of a player, and based on whats available, throw money at him, please.....

DJ with Crowder gives 2 good linebackers, then get Curry, a great one, leaves one slot open...can go after Mathews in the 3rd, or Sintim in the 2nd etc....

LB is such a need, would be a shame to not get Crowder. He is not great, but I think with the right players, he could be very very good in a low risk type of signing...I mean, if Oakland gets away with signing and cutting 3 players a year at 6 year deals worth 36 mil, we can splurge with 40 mil cap room on one guy when we havent cut Surtain/Huard etc yet.

I just hope the staff has enough time to evaluate what we have in order to be ready by friday.

Quote Originally Posted by SDChief09 View Post
    I mean, if Oakland gets away with signing and cutting 3 players a year at 6 year deals worth 36 mil, we can splurge with 40 mil cap room on one guy when we havent cut Surtain/Huard etc yet.
    Huard and Surtain are now cut.

yeah my point was that they are getting killed in the cap with ridiculous contracts that last 1 year, Surtain/Huard lasted a heck of a lot longer than that, Huards deal was small regardless compared to Oaktown's...

Also my point relates to the amount of money we have to offer Crowder....and Crowder to me, fits...hes not a guy Oakland tosses money at and gets acceptance from, he wont go there, thats a graveyard for football players right now. Look at Moss and his career before, during in Oakland, then after...

Cutting huard/surtain/edwards creates 12 mil cap space...the raiders lost money on Hall and his 70 mil contract(not guarenteed obviously, Gibril 6/36, Javon signed a huge deal...thats a lot of money....