Thread: 49ers Sign 1stRd LB Patrick Willis

Sweets Guest

Thumbs up 49ers Sign 1stRd LB Patrick Willis

Source: 49ers.com

Shortly before midnight on Saturday, the official report time for the 49ers 2007 Training Camp, the team announced the signing of first-round draft pick linebacker Patrick Willis.Willis (6-1, 242) saw action in 45 games with 22 starts at Mississippi and finished his career with 355 tackles, 11 sacks, five forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries and one interception. In his 22 games as the team’s starting middle linebacker, Willis had at least 10 tackles in 19 of those contests. In 2006, he became the first player in Ole Miss history to win the Dick Butkus Award, which is awarded annually to the nation’s top linebacker. Willis also earned first-team All-SEC and SEC Defensive Player of the Year as a senior. With the signing of Willis, the 49ers now head into camp with all nine of their draft picks signed.

Sweets Guest

Get under the wire for camp....I was hoping there wasn't going to be a problem with money, good to see there wasn't.

I think the niners are among the few teams in the league who can boast a complete draft roster heading into camp; wished the Chiefs could say the same.

Or at least the only team bringing two first-rounders into camp.

Sweets Guest

I believe we have everyone signed...