Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need to buy a camera...

Default need to buy a camera...

Hey Anyone know where i can find a Nikon D40 digital camera for less than $200? I have looked on ebay so gimme some new ideas please!

Digitals Future

It's not for under 200 but not a bad price. I have the D-40x with the 18/55 and 55/200 lenses and have been happy with it. I am in no way an expert! hope you find one!

Nikon D40s arn't cheap.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Nikon D40s arn't cheap.
    i know, but they have the new Nikon out and im hoping to find someone who happens to have the D40 but is upgrading :)

Send my $150 and I will send you a camera!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Send my $150 and I will send you a camera!!
    will it be a WORKING nikon d40?

I will be a brand new disposable camera!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I will be a brand new disposable camera!!
    thats what i figured!!

I will sell you mine.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Digitals Future

It's not for under 200 but not a bad price. I have the D-40x with the 18/55 and 55/200 lenses and have been happy with it. I am in no way an expert! hope you find one!
    I have the exact same kit and have absolutely loved it. If you can afford it, step into the 18-200 lens. It is an all in one lens, so it is nice to have the range of both lenses, but never have to swap them out or carry them both.
    18-200mm AF-S DX VR Lens Review by Thom Hogan. I found mine on ebay for about $530.

Quote Originally Posted by Wski Girl View Post
    i know, but they have the new Nikon out and im hoping to find someone who happens to have the D40 but is upgrading :)
    I might be your huckleberry. I've been contemplating trading up. I would be looking to sell both lenses(18-55 and 55-200) as well. If needed, I would be willing to break it up. I haven't considered a price yet. But it looks like the camera and the lenses together are going for around $550 on ebay. I'd be willing to make you a better deal than that.

My wife tried talking me into getting a Digital SLR for a long time and I kept saying no. Once we got it, I was really disappointed that I hadn't gotten it sooner. It takes amazing pictures and you don't need to be an expert photographer to use it.

Lastly, If you are deciding between the D40 and the D40x, I would strongly recommend the D40X. The D40 is 6 Megapixels, while the D40x is 10MP. I would also suggest getting a telephoto lense as well. The 55-200 is great.

Anyhow, if you are truly interested then shoot me a PM and we can discuss a price. And for anyone that is on the fence about DSLR's, I can't say enough good things about my experience with them. It's the best money I've spent in a while. I look at pictures of my kids from a few years ago that were taken with my old Sony point and shoot camera and it makes me sick. I wish I would have listened to my wife and purchased a DSLR a long time ago. Step up and buy a DSLR of some kind. There are lot of good ones out there. You won't regret it.

If you want other opinions, ask Hayvern. He is way more knowledgeable on this subject than I and he can speak to the quality of the Canon equipment that is on the market as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast