Thread: Took exception to an articl over on KC Chiefs

Default Took exception to an articl over on KC Chiefs

Here's the article:

Kansas City Chiefs - Calling the foot doctor

I take exception to Rand's notion that while we're ok in punting, place kicking is something we need to repair. Frankly, I thought Connor Barth was doing great, with the exception of two missed field goals.

Yep- they were in the same game, and one of them would have gotten us the win. But I'd point out that a defense ranked higher than 30th, who could stop a nursing home touch football team might have secured that win as well.

Not saying the Connor is the greatest kicker ever to put cleat to pigskin, but Mr. Rand's view just struck me as off the mark. I think we'd be fine with Mr. Barth kicking next season.

Or we could waste another draft pick on one, like that all-pro, 1st ballot hall of famer Justin Medlock.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Here's the article:

Kansas City Chiefs - Calling the foot doctor

I take exception to Rand's notion that while we're ok in punting, place kicking is something we need to repair. Frankly, I thought Connor Barth was doing great, with the exception of two missed field goals.

Yep- they were in the same game, and one of them would have gotten us the win. But I'd point out that a defense ranked higher than 30th, who could stop a nursing home touch football team might have secured that win as well.

Not saying the Connor is the greatest kicker ever to put cleat to pigskin, but Mr. Rand's view just struck me as off the mark. I think we'd be fine with Mr. Barth kicking next season.

Or we could waste another draft pick on one, like that all-pro, 1st ballot hall of famer Justin Medlock.

JB
    Well one has to remember that Barth did not win the job out of spring training despite what many people on this board said. Most of them said he should have.

At any rate, I think Barth has what it takes to be pretty good, maybe he is the kicker that this new coach needs to build up, maybe not, but you have to admit everytime our kicker took the field in the last three years there has always been a question mark hanging over their heads.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

How often was that big question mark over our heads really about whether or not the center could get the ball to the holder????
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

I say if we can pick up a better kicker do so, but I would be happy with Connor too, as stability at kicker also counts for something~!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Well one has to remember that Barth did not win the job out of spring training despite what many people on this board said. Most of them said he should have.

At any rate, I think Barth has what it takes to be pretty good, maybe he is the kicker that this new coach needs to build up, maybe not, but you have to admit everytime our kicker took the field in the last three years there has always been a question mark hanging over their heads.
    Every since Eliot, I get a question mark any time our kicker takes the field.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad