Thread: What about Beanie Wells?

Default What about Beanie Wells?

I know that this could be a reach but if the Chiefs wanted to get a top quality running back to replace the apparent removal of Larry Johnson, then I would seriously consider Beanie at the number three slot of the draft. This kid has raw talent with the ball and can be a better back in this league then Johnson ever was. He may have durability issues but so did Adrian Peterson in his rookie year. Just a thought.

Too injury prone IMO, not worthy of a first round pick.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Drafting a RB in the 1st round when your OL is terrible would make me cry. :(

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Drafting a RB in the 1st round when your OL is terrible would make me cry. :(
    Yep, 99 times out of 100 a back is only as elite as his line is, as Chiefs fans we should know this :P

heck no. RBs are a dime a dozen nowadays, the stink from LJs big contract still lingers
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK

I'm an Ohio State fan (among other NCAA teams) and having watched Beanie for the past couple of years my honest assessment is...

The guy's a beast...yet not...He's fast but he's not a burner and he's big yet not a line buster. In reality he's a hybrid LJ clone with maybe a little more top end speed but without the lower body strength to power run. Now I'm just a fan but I really don't see Beanie's game translating well to the NFL game.

wasn't LJ like a 4.4 guy at the combine?

Quote Originally Posted by wubfree View Post
    wasn't LJ like a 4.4 guy at the combine?
    Larry had a 4.62 at the combine

Beanie Wells ran 4.59

Not huge but still faster he was projected at 4.4. Ran faster then Knowshon Moreno in spite of the fact that he's 20-lbs heavier then him

Runningback!!?? Have you looked at our defense lately?
    SHUT IT

one more thing....I went to Michigan and Beanie sucks!

jk.

McShay - not sure what makes him an expert - showed some tape of him stepping out of bounds in front of some DBs and questioned his character tho - called him a Cedric Benson-like risk - ouch!