Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pioli says there is no situation with LJ

Default Pioli says there is no situation with LJ

Pioli mention on a interview with NFL network that he is under contract and has no situation.

That makes me wonder if he has talked to LJ already or not. I thought LJ would provide the best way to get more draft picks for us on draft day. But how Pioli is talking is that it appears that he wont have any problems with LJ.

here is his interview NFL Video Galleries

This could be one of those situations where the GM is saying "Hey butthead, you have a contract, I expect you to live up to that contract!"

That is what I would be saying, especially considering what little trade potential LJ has.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I'm sure that you shouldn't try to read too much into all the talk that's going on right now. That statement could mean anything. The only sure thing you can say about it is that it's true, he is still under contract. We'll have to wait and see on this one, but I can't imagine LJ staying put. It probably wouldn't be good for anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    My belief is Pioli knows the potential that is sitting in front of him when used properly and is simply saying, LJ signed the dotted line and as any professional would he needs to meet that contract and have faith in the system around him. This makes me like Pioli a little bit more and maybe , just maybe we can get our money worth outta LJ after all
    Thats what im hoping for. i really dont want LJ to leave. But if they cant resolve his wanting to leave KC. I dont want him to sit on the sidelines and be in the dog house all season long.

i feel so much better that Pioli is at the helm here. He appears (football IQ) smart and confident about what he wants.

If LJ gets the ball and his yards/td's he will shut up. And if that happens the Chiefs will be a better team. So...let's hope that all happens.

IMO i think it was the Hunts that put him in the dog house for his antics. How is it going to look when after you have been given the biggest contact that the chiefs have ever given out, and then he goes and makes the city his own punching bag. He got what he deseved no let him out and put a tear thru the league. He must man up first and admit he was wrong.

Chiefs | Pioli could trade draft picks
    Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:38:20 -0800
    Randy Covitz, of The Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli is not attached to the third overall pick in the NFL Draft. Pioli could be open to trade the pick for additional draft picks. "Even though we're three, we could be at 23," Pioli said at the NFL Scouting Combine. "Even though you're at 23, you could be at three. The draft strategy is know the entire board, know all the players, know there might be opportunities to manipulate the draft board, moving up or down, and gain draft picks or give away draft picks to get veteran players. … The whole thing is very fluid."

www.kffl.com

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    Thats what im hoping for. i really dont want LJ to leave. But if they cant resolve his wanting to leave KC. I dont want him to sit on the sidelines and be in the dog house all season long.

The facking money LJ got and a starting position was supposed to stop his desire to leave but we seen how far that got us! LOL!

i think our o-line will do better this yr.So i wouldnt like to see him go. in other words, BETTER O-LINE = BETTER LJ :):):)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast