Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mauluaga comes out limping from combine

Default mauluaga comes out limping from combine

Maualuga comes up limping at end of his 40
    Posted: Combine | Frank Tadych | Tags: 2009 NFL Scouting Combine, Rey Maualuga
    USC LB Rey Maualuga’s scouting combine workouts were cut short by a leg injury near the end of Monday’s 40-yard dash.
    new nfl.widgets.VideoPlayer({ contentId: "09000d5d80ee5bbb", related: "home", adSetting: "1", playerName: "blog_embedded", size: "inline", uniqid: "09000d5d80ee5bbb"})Maualuga came up limping on his right leg at the end of his first attempt at the 40 when he took an awkward step after the finish line. He suffered the injury after his run — as he was deaccelerating — and immediately took weight off the leg before kneeling down on the turf. Maualuga was able to gingerly walk off the field with a trainer.

“I could feel it for the past two weeks,” Mauluga told the NFL Network’s Scott Hanson in an on-field interview during NFL.com/Live. “I just wanted to come out here and compete with the very best. I wanted to show the coaches and scouts I could do everything. Now I’m just going to go to the trainer and get right and hopefully be able to do the Pro Day (April 1).
    “I didn’t want to come out here and use my hamstring as an excuse. Unfortunately, it’s been bothering me, but I felt I could go. I wasn’t pressured to do it. I thought I could go out and do the 40 and do it in a good time.”

curry is a much better tackler anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post

Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Disagree
    The vids I have seen, Curry wraps up more than Maualuqa, they both lay the big hit, but what I have seen, Curry has better tackling techniques, but what do I know.

Orakpo injured his Hamstring as well on the same day.

I just think Maualuga will be a way better MLB in a 3-4, but if we stay with a 4-3 then Curry should be our pick.

We could get some insane trade offers at #3 if Curry drops to us. A Lot of teams are in love with him now and would give the moon for him.

I'm just saying:

Maualuga + Multiple draft picks

OR

Curry

Curry has pretty much separated himself from the rest of the linebackers, whether it be as an ILB or OLB. He ran a 4.56 40, had the longest vertical and broad jump of any LB, and tore it up in the drills. He is a big athletic LB who can flat out play.

He's being called the safest pick in the draft by both Mike Mayock and Todd McShay.

I like Maualuga, but there's really no comparison anymore. He couldnt run the 40 without hurting himself.
    Last edited by yashi; 02-24-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Curry has pretty much separated himself from the rest of the linebackers, whether it be as an ILB or OLB. He ran a 4.56 40, had the longest vertical and broad jump of any LB, and tore it up in the drills. He is a big athletic LB who can flat out play.

He's being called the safest pick in the draft by both Mike Mayock and Todd McShay.

I like Maualuga, but there's really no comparison anymore. He couldnt run the 40 without hurting himself.
    I noticed that Curry looks "old in the face" as well which are usual signs of HGH and Steroid use.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I agree!!
    Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Disagree
    I don't know what to do now. :francis:
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast