Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello fellow Chiefs fans ...

Default Hello fellow Chiefs fans ...

My name is Mark, I live just south of Topeka, and after 32 years in Information Technology, today I am a stay at home dad to four little girls (read future Chiefs fans) that my wife and I have adopted. Until today I had no idea this site even existed and from what I have seen so far I am certainly glad that it does.

When people ask me how long I have been a Chiefs fan I tell them that I still remember the Marv Levy Wing-T offense days (although I try to forget). I guess I have been a fan for about 38 years. Seems like it was about '71 when I really started getting into the Chiefs.

Although I was born in Wichita I grew up in Southern California and was a big time Rams fan for most of my childhood. My family relocated to Kansas just before I started my sophomore year in high school. It only took one season of following the Chiefs to be hooked for life.

A little story I would like to share ... in the summer of 2003 my wife and I relocated our family to Keller, TX. While we were in the move in process I signed us up for Direct TV (we had always had cable). My wife asked why all of a sudden I was switching us to Direct TV? I explained that I made the switch so that I could order NFL Ticket, that way I wouldn't miss any Chiefs games. She asked what that was going to cost us and I told her it was something like $200 a year. To which she said isn't that a little expensive just to watch Chiefs games? I replied with ... "it's either that or I will be spending every Sunday during football season at one of the local sports bars." She looked at me and said "You know, $200 doesn't sound to bad." True story!

Anyway ... I am happy that I found you and I am glad to be apart of this site.

Thanks for having me.

mark

HI!!!

Welcome aboard!

WELCOME!

Welcome Mark!
    When I read your Direct TV story it reminded me of when I had moved to Florida.
    Of course, it wasn't football season yet; I was just high on the idea of never having to deal with another Kansas winter. My friend Trina, who was also a die-hard chiefs fan but she was telling me how after moving to Florida about 10 years ago she became a Tampa Bay fan after she couldn't see many chiefs games. That gave me nightmares - the possibility of never seeing a chiefs game. So I came back to Kansas, the state with the horrid winters just so I could see the chiefs on tv. Do I regret coming back? I still hate the winters here but no, I do not regret leaving Florida for one second.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

i split the cost w/my daughter the steeler fan, i get first dibbs on the CHIEFS w/the steelers are on at the same time. being in NE PA the steelers are usually the regional game anyway. my son in law is a cowboy fan and even though he is a huge enthusiast and bets on all the games, is in 5 fantasy leagues, he is third in line for the remote.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    My son in law is a cowboy fan and even though he is a huge enthusiast and bets on all the games, is in 5 fantasy leagues, he is third in line for the remote.
    He is lucky that he is your son in-law and that you are such a generous sort ...
    in my home a Cowboy's fan would NEVER see the remote!

Great story. I got Direct TV for the same reason.

Welcome to the Crowd!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12