Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello fellow Chiefs fans ...

Default Hello fellow Chiefs fans ...

My name is Mark, I live just south of Topeka, and after 32 years in Information Technology, today I am a stay at home dad to four little girls (read future Chiefs fans) that my wife and I have adopted. Until today I had no idea this site even existed and from what I have seen so far I am certainly glad that it does.

When people ask me how long I have been a Chiefs fan I tell them that I still remember the Marv Levy Wing-T offense days (although I try to forget). I guess I have been a fan for about 38 years. Seems like it was about '71 when I really started getting into the Chiefs.

Although I was born in Wichita I grew up in Southern California and was a big time Rams fan for most of my childhood. My family relocated to Kansas just before I started my sophomore year in high school. It only took one season of following the Chiefs to be hooked for life.

A little story I would like to share ... in the summer of 2003 my wife and I relocated our family to Keller, TX. While we were in the move in process I signed us up for Direct TV (we had always had cable). My wife asked why all of a sudden I was switching us to Direct TV? I explained that I made the switch so that I could order NFL Ticket, that way I wouldn't miss any Chiefs games. She asked what that was going to cost us and I told her it was something like $200 a year. To which she said isn't that a little expensive just to watch Chiefs games? I replied with ... "it's either that or I will be spending every Sunday during football season at one of the local sports bars." She looked at me and said "You know, $200 doesn't sound to bad." True story!

Anyway ... I am happy that I found you and I am glad to be apart of this site.

Thanks for having me.

mark

welcome aboard, lots of great CHIEFS fans here w/o the name calling & personal slurs i have seen on other boards. btw i too remember the wing T, and also Robert Holmes, Wendell Hayes, Super Bowl I and the DALLAS TEXANS, from whence the CHIEFS came.

Welcome to the Crowd!! My wife lets me get Sunday ticket so I spend all day in the garage away from her. I get pretty loud when I watch the Chiefs (not to mention the boys and I go through several cases of beer on a Sunday)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

To the Chiefs Crowd.

Welcome.:hallo:

hello!

Welcome to the Crowd. Hated by some; envied by all.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Howdy Mark! Welcome to the board!!

I grew up south of Topeka in a very small town called Admire. You might of heard of it. It's just a small spot on the highway, but its home!
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Hey Guys & Gals Thanks for all the Welcomes and Goodvibes ... ChiefsFreak, yes I know of Admire, I am actually in Carbondale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast