Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello...an introduction.

Default Hello...an introduction.

Hello Chiefs fans! My name is Connie Jo. I live in the country 45 min. NE of Topeka, which is where I was born & mom's family roots are. I grew up a lot on the West Coast, parents moved back to KS when I was in 9th grade, been here since...which was many moons ago...I'm a young 53 yrs of age.

Dad became a Chiefs fan in 1963 upon their arrival to KC from Dallas, my love for our Chiefs was inherited from him. I watched SBIV with dad (he insisted us kids watch the historic event, haha), but I was pre-teen then & don't remember much, other than thinking Lenny Dawson was mighty cute, haha.

I've continued passing that tradition on within my own family. Fortunately I married a Chiefs fan, or the marriage might have failed, haha. My husband is a loyal Chiefs fan, but not to the extent I am in some aspects...I'm a bit more fanatic so to speak. :)

My first love is family, including our beloved dogs...adopted from a shelter, or strays taken in. Currently we have a 3 yr old Springer Spaniel, 4 yr old Black Lab, an 11 yr old Sheperd mix...all acquired as pups.

Second love is home...we literally built our empty nester in the country ourselves from the ground up. Home is indeed where the heart is...as well as blood, sweat, and tears in our case, haha.

Third love would be our Chiefs without doubt. In addition to enjoying the obvious with being a Chiefs fan, I enjoy collecting Chiefs memorabilia, mostly vintage. I began collecting over 20 yrs ago, so have acquired a collection we take humble pride in.

We display our collection on the lower level of our home, which we call 'The Chiefs Level'. I specifically designed it to house the collection when drawing up blueprints for our 'empty nester'.

We have two children, a daughter and son, both now married with their own homes, both Chiefs fans of course! Our daughter has given us two wonderful grandkids (my pride and joy)...still waiting on our son to provide us with more. Our grandkids, though young, are also inheriting our red & gold Chiefs blood.

I comemorated my 40th birthday by having a small KC Arrowhead logo tattooed on my right ankle, and intend to add to it this year with having the #58 (approx. size of a half dollar) placed just above the Arrowhead logo, comemorating DT's HOF Enshrinement.

In conclusion...I've been patiently awaiting the Chiefs return to Super Bowl for decades, and intend to throw one hell of a party when they do!!

I participate in only one other forum...related to music not Chiefs, of which I've been a member of for 5 yrs now.

Assuming we're allowed to post photos on the website, here's a pic of me and my grandson along with some of the Chiefs Cheerleaders attending Draft Day 2006, which is an annual Chiefs family tradition. I'm the one who obviously isn't a pretty sexy cheerleader, hahaha. Followed by our annual Chiefs family photo with our grandkids, taken 2007...we missed 2008 due to the illness & resulting loss of my brother (RIP), whom I was his caretaker...otherwise I'd post more current photos.

To the Chiefs Crowd. Cute grandkids. I have 1 grandson. This was at the home opener last season.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z7CfmVVowI"]YouTube - Big pimpin KC style[/ame]

I LOVE IT!! Your grandson is absolutely ADORABLE!! That is so awesome! I don't have a newer style video recorder...the old bulky camcorder. I need to get one so I can take precious videos like yours! :)

We live an hr. & half from AH one way, & family traditionally comes to our house game day...so only feasibly can attend a game or two at AH per season.

We took our grandson to his first Chiefs game a couple yrs ago. It was a perfect game...San Diego game when Tynes kicked a FG for the win at the last...crowd exceptionally loud, hahaha.

Neil Smith was inducted into the Chiefs HOF that day too, Hank Jr. was there (friends with Neil & DT), did a bit of the MNF theme song prior to kickoff...could'nt have asked for a better first game experience for Brennen, other than it was VERY COLD!! haha

Well you will have to bring the family to our Chiefs Crowd home opener.

Tornadospotter...are you a 'real' spotter? I have a bit of an obsession with tornados, haha. Obsession began when we were back in KS 1966, F-5 hit Topeka 6-8-66...I was 10 or 11, will never forget it!

Parents weren't home from work, we went to the only house on the block with a basement...crowded to say the least. My brother & I not knowing better snuck outside out of curiosity. Fortunately for our sakes the F-5 jumped our neighborhood, but we still witnessed much unforgettable...debris swirling, sound, etc..

I've learned all I can about tornado's self teaching. Try to capture ones in our area on camera, most decipitate quick. Would love to chase, but family would have a fit, haha.

Here's some pics...haven't had any opportunities with any closer, which in reality is a blessing no doubt!

Awesome close up someone else took of F-5 Chapman, KS last yr..

June 2007 from deck;

July 4th 2007 from deck:

That first pic is a little to close. But what a pic.

I'd love to attend the season opener! The home opener traditionally is one of a couple games we usually try to attend each yr...but the reality is this yr tickets can't be in the budget considering our trip to Canton just a few wks prior for DT's Enshrinement. Can't afford both so close together.

I love being retired early, working at home, but the downside is more budget restraints. :(

Welcome to the Crowd. Hated by some; envied by all.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I'd love to attend the season opener! The home opener traditionally is one of a couple games we usually try to attend each yr...but the reality is this yr tickets can't be in the budget considering our trip to Canton just a few wks prior for DT's Enshrinement. Can't afford both so close together.

I love being retired early, working at home, but the downside is more budget restraints. :(
    First of all, welcome to the board Connie! Hope you like it here, I just joined last month and have enjoyed the fellow posters hear alot. NE of Topeka, I'm guessing that puts you around the Atchison area. I grew up south of Topeka in Lyon County, a small town called Admire. Been a Chiefs fan all my life, win or lose!!

Good to hear you are going to Canton in August. I am attending as well with my two grown nephews who are almost as big of Chiefs fans as me. Maybe we will see you there!
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

I only have one son, he's my precious little guy!!

Ain't he cute?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast