Hello Chiefs fans! My name is Connie Jo. I live in the country 45 min. NE of Topeka, which is where I was born & mom's family roots are. I grew up a lot on the West Coast, parents moved back to KS when I was in 9th grade, been here since...which was many moons ago...I'm a young 53 yrs of age.

Dad became a Chiefs fan in 1963 upon their arrival to KC from Dallas, my love for our Chiefs was inherited from him. I watched SBIV with dad (he insisted us kids watch the historic event, haha), but I was pre-teen then & don't remember much, other than thinking Lenny Dawson was mighty cute, haha.

I've continued passing that tradition on within my own family. Fortunately I married a Chiefs fan, or the marriage might have failed, haha. My husband is a loyal Chiefs fan, but not to the extent I am in some aspects...I'm a bit more fanatic so to speak. :)

My first love is family, including our beloved dogs...adopted from a shelter, or strays taken in. Currently we have a 3 yr old Springer Spaniel, 4 yr old Black Lab, an 11 yr old Sheperd mix...all acquired as pups.

Second love is home...we literally built our empty nester in the country ourselves from the ground up. Home is indeed where the heart is...as well as blood, sweat, and tears in our case, haha.

Third love would be our Chiefs without doubt. In addition to enjoying the obvious with being a Chiefs fan, I enjoy collecting Chiefs memorabilia, mostly vintage. I began collecting over 20 yrs ago, so have acquired a collection we take humble pride in.

We display our collection on the lower level of our home, which we call 'The Chiefs Level'. I specifically designed it to house the collection when drawing up blueprints for our 'empty nester'.

We have two children, a daughter and son, both now married with their own homes, both Chiefs fans of course! Our daughter has given us two wonderful grandkids (my pride and joy)...still waiting on our son to provide us with more. Our grandkids, though young, are also inheriting our red & gold Chiefs blood.

I comemorated my 40th birthday by having a small KC Arrowhead logo tattooed on my right ankle, and intend to add to it this year with having the #58 (approx. size of a half dollar) placed just above the Arrowhead logo, comemorating DT's HOF Enshrinement.

In conclusion...I've been patiently awaiting the Chiefs return to Super Bowl for decades, and intend to throw one hell of a party when they do!!

I participate in only one other forum...related to music not Chiefs, of which I've been a member of for 5 yrs now.

Assuming we're allowed to post photos on the website, here's a pic of me and my grandson along with some of the Chiefs Cheerleaders attending Draft Day 2006, which is an annual Chiefs family tradition. I'm the one who obviously isn't a pretty sexy cheerleader, hahaha. Followed by our annual Chiefs family photo with our grandkids, taken 2007...we missed 2008 due to the illness & resulting loss of my brother (RIP), whom I was his caretaker...otherwise I'd post more current photos.