Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat White?

Default Pat White?

I haven't really thought about drafting him, but I saw it on an article and thought I'd get everyone else's opinion. If the Chiefs end up keeping the Spread type of offense they had at the end of the season they definately might have to get him. But I don't think they will keep the spread. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Gailey's around because he's a great OC and because his players played hard for him last year (unlike, say, Gunther's defense). He was never a spread guy until our OL forced us into it. I see us moving to a more Pats-style offense (lot of WRs, but not quite a spread) next year, and Gailey's perfect for that.

Pat White is the next Seneca Wallace. Good gadget guy, decent backup, but not a starter. A team with a whole lot fewer holes than us should take him and use him as such.
    I agree we need to many other holes filled before we take a flyer on a guy that we may be able to fit it. Lets stop drafting on speculation and get the good soon to be great players.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    A team with a whole lot fewer holes than us should take him and use him as such.
    I can see that side of the argument for sure. But the flip side to that coin is that if you think he could provide depth at several positions, he seems like a great addition to a very thin roster. He could provide depth at WR, KR, and QB.

He's probably a 3rd or 4th round pick. If the Chiefs are staring at him in the 4th round and they are deciding between him and another player that will not start, then I think there's a good chance we'd take a flyer on him. But, if the Chiefs see a guy on the board in the 4th that they think can start right away, then they pass.

They also will pass if they have already dealt their 4th rounder to NE for Vrabel. We'll find that out shortly. I'm hoping it was not more than a 5th rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I can see that side of the argument for sure. But the flip side to that coin is that if you think he could provide depth at several positions, he seems like a great addition to a very thin roster. He could provide depth at WR, KR, and QB.

He's probably a 3rd or 4th round pick. If the Chiefs are staring at him in the 4th round and they are deciding between him and another player that will not start, then I think there's a good chance we'd take a flyer on him. But, if the Chiefs see a guy on the board in the 4th that they think can start right away, then they pass.

They also will pass if they have already dealt their 4th rounder to NE for Vrabel. We'll find that out shortly. I'm hoping it was not more than a 5th rounder.
    Sorry Coach, but I don't think our roster is that thin... YOUTHFUL is probably the right term, and I honestly believe Mr. Pioli has the same ideas.. he's evaluated the team and I think he's seen alot of positives.

We've got depth but youth throughout our defence <wouldn't be surprised> if this is where our dollar values are spent.

With Pioli we may start aquiring players that run an offense that make us look a bit more like New England.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Sorry Coach, but I don't think our roster is that thin... YOUTHFUL is probably the right term, and I honestly believe Mr. Pioli has the same ideas.. he's evaluated the team and I think he's seen alot of positives.

We've got depth but youth throughout our defence <wouldn't be surprised> if this is where our dollar values are spent.
    When a team finishes 14-2 you might say a team has a stacked roster. When a team finishes 2-14, it's safe to say the roster is thin. How many people did we send to Hawaii last year?

When a team finishes 14-2 you might say a team has a stacked roster. When a team finishes 2-14, it's safe to say the roster is thin. How many people did we send to Hawaii last year?
    You mean we have players that can surf???
    SHUT IT

So would you agree with the cuts so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    You mean we have players that can surf???
    No, That why we need to get and develop some!:surfing:

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    So would you agree with the cuts so far?
    I think we've made good cuts so far this off-season. I'm not even sure who would be considered borderline at this point. I especially like the Herm Edwards cut.

I think we've made good cuts so far this off-season. I'm not even sure who would be considered borderline at this point. I especially like the Herm Edwards cut.
    Yeah, I was also particularly pleased with the Peterson cut as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast