Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Damon Huard, Patrick Surtain and Donnie Edwards all released

Default Chiefs Release Patrick Surtain.

Just saw the breaking news on nfl network.

Chiefs release pat surtain!

It was a cap move and nothing more.

Probabaly not, we still have Thig, Gray, Croyle, Martin

thats 2 more QB's than the NFL requires and 1 more than any team carrys~

I don't think it means anything when it comes to drafting a QB or not. We already have plenty of QB's on roster and Damon is old, expensive for his worth, and the most needed to go when we are talking the future. It was a no brainier move.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    The Kansas City Chiefs terminated Damon Huards contract on Tuesday. Could this mean KC will go after a Rookie QB with their#3 pick? Time will tell as FA pans out and men begin to move around the league.
    Also Donnie Edwards had his contract terminated.
    Why in the world would his release in anyway make you think that? Thats ridiculous. We don't need a QB this year. We will get one next year hopefully. Only thing that his release means is that they will keep Croyle for 3rd string instead of him. Wow. I'm just baffled that you'd think that. Its making me chuckle too.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Probabaly not, we still have Thig, Gray, Croyle, Martin

thats 2 more QB's than the NFL requires and 1 more than any team carrys~
    Na. Most teams have about 4. Unless you are Gruden, then you have like 15. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Thats ridiculous. We don't need a QB this year. We will get one next year hopefully.
    I hope not! Thiggy has a big year this year we might not take one next year either and if we do he will prob come in the later rounds.

Croyle is history. Guy hasn't won a regular season game and wont get the chance. I have been expecting to hear more in regards to Huard and Croyle figuring that both wont be back this year.

Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
    Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by topgonzo View Post
    Croyle is history. Guy hasn't won a regular season game and wont get the chance. I have been expecting to hear more in regards to Huard and Croyle figuring that both wont be back this year.
    Croyle would be a good 3rd string. No point in letting him go this year. Keep him for the season and then dump him next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Croyle would be a good 3rd string. No point in letting him go this year. Keep him for the season and then dump him next year.
    Why? He's wasting a roster spot. Croyle needs to be traded to a dome team where a gust of wind won't put him on the IR...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Why? He's wasting a roster spot. Croyle needs to be traded to a dome team where a gust of wind won't put him on the IR...
    What exactly do you want from a third string? At that spot he isn't going to be playing. Why does everyone think he is a waste of a roster spot. Better than half the backups out there. Just because he has had a history of getting hurt. Thats why he is a third string.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast