Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Damon Huard, Patrick Surtain and Donnie Edwards all released

Default Chiefs Release Patrick Surtain.

Just saw the breaking news on nfl network.

Chiefs release pat surtain!

Ill miss Surtain. He played good for us. You could tell it was time on his last interception return heading for the endzone....

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm glad we split ways with Huard.
    Me too, without a good line he is useless.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

so how much more room is this going to give us with the cap?

I am torn on Huard. It is kind of the same way I felt about Trent Green too. I liked him, I liked his work ethic and all of that, but I knew that he too long in the tooth.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Me too, without a good line he is useless.
    Without a good line pretty much every body is useless.

Who do you see replacing Huard as backup or 3rd string that can do what Huard can do..er..excuse me did do. He managed games. Croyle hasnt even won a game.. compared to someone who took this team to the playoffs.

And I dont think that age should be considered in this. Why, look at Warner!

Anyway hes gone. I just puzzled bout this. oh well.
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 02-24-2009 at 09:10 PM.

This couldn't have surprised anyone. I'm glad they're all gone. I didn't realize they'd be saving that much cap space. By getting rid of Edwards and Surtain though, I'd be interested to see who Pioli brings in to lead the young players at those positions.

Huard should be gone. If he had the best O-line in the league in front of him, he could be a good QB, but he played with the Chiefs and there's no way they could protect him as they stand right now.

So, what... that puts our available cap space somewhere around 45 million? nice... Hopefully, Pioli doesn't blow the whole thing this season on a weak remaining FA class like the Raiders did last year (who released EVERY FA they acquired last season btw).

Me too. I was so tired of the whole Huard/Green debate (felt Green got the shaft in KC) then the Croyle/Huard debacle started! I am ashamed to say that I was actually happy when they both went on the DL. I knew it would continue our losing, but I felt it would be the best for the team, and fan base, plus I knew it would mean the end of Damon Horrid in KC!!
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfreak4life View Post
    Me too. I was so tired of the whole Huard/Green debate (felt Green got the shaft in KC) then the Croyle/Huard debacle started! I am ashamed to say that I was actually happy when they both went on the DL. I knew it would continue our losing, but I felt it would be the best for the team, and fan base, plus I knew it would mean the end of Damon Horrid in KC!!
    Why did Green get the shaft? After that first concussion, he's done exactly jack s#!%. He shouldn't have been the starter and shouldn't have been looked at as the QB of the future, present, or any other position on the team. He's going to get his *** killed if he doesn't hang it up soon. It makes me sick every time I see him on the field. At some point, you have to think about your family and realize your time has come and gone.

The fact that every body is kind of spitting in the face of Huard is quite comical. I appreciate everything hes done.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPePbKaUajA"]YouTube - Damon Huard tribute[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfreak4life View Post
    Why the hatred toward Huard? I agree it was time to move on, but until last year the guy did a great job when called upon. And speaking of the shaft, Huard was the one that recieved it in the playoffs a few years ago.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast