Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Damon Huard, Patrick Surtain and Donnie Edwards all released

Default Chiefs Release Patrick Surtain.

Just saw the breaking news on nfl network.

Chiefs release pat surtain!

Huard would never lose you a game. He might not be able to throw a team on his shoulders and carry them to victory, but he would not lose one for you. If he had time, he was very accurate. He NEVER b!tched once about being yanked in and out of the line up whenever anybody else was available. He took it like a man and like a teammate. People in all walks of life can learn from a guy like Damon Huard. Good Luck D!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Huard would never lose you a game. He might not be able to throw a team on his shoulders and carry them to victory, but he would not lose one for you. If he had time, he was very accurate. He NEVER b!tched once about being yanked in and out of the line up whenever anybody else was available. He took it like a man and like a teammate. People in all walks of life can learn from a guy like Damon Huard. Good Luck D!
    Agreed, I always kinda liked him.

I definitely am not spitting on Huard, I think he did a heck of a job, especially in the back up role, and filling in when Trent went down.

However, to save almost 11 mil by cutting him and edwards makes too much sense...Donnie was not providing a whole lot of leadership anyway, and had 1 year left on his deal, mostly which wouldve been spent in the Tub.

Huard, makes no sense to have around, with Thigpen as the guy who will either start or be the number 2, and Brodie still an option(hes on the roster...)basically I just dont see how he fits, the money is too important.

Plus, now the extra cash from Surtain/Huard cover us cutting LJ, and that makes me very happy....Its time for a new era, and moving on past these poor signings is best(Surtain was overpaid, but I was one of those who liked the signing at the time)

With Flowers/Carr/Leggett, they all were going to play ahead of Surtain, so all 3 really make sense...

in the 3-4, we will need 3 more linebackers, 2 if Demorrio fits in, and 2 if Pollard is moved, and that is doable with the draft/free agency if Crowder/Curry come that covers it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed, I always kinda liked him.
    I always liked him more than Croyle. But he is not the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I always liked him more than Croyle. But he is not the future.
    True, we was at best a short term solution, a band aid on a hemophiliac.

Sure Edwards and Huard were the right thing to do, but i was suprised about Surtain.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    Sure Edwards and Huard were the right thing to do, but i was suprised about Surtain.
    You shouldn't have been. He hardly played last season, he clearly lost more than a step against the young guys. It was time for him to go. I think he has provided what leadership he has in him.

He will likely get picked up somewhere.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I hope not, I want Curry.

well I dont think Huard was in our future plans, so it doesn't mean we are taking a passer.
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK

I agree with kuchief. Why would releasing Huard mean we're drafting a QB? We still have (at present) Croyle, Thigpen, and Gray.

jb

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast