Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs trying to retain Page, Niswanger and Webb

Red face Chiefs trying to retain Page, Niswanger and Webb

As reported by the Kansas City Star

Center Rudy Niswanger is one of the Chiefs' three potential restricted free agents. They made him a tender offer today of about $1.5 million, which gives the Chiefs the right to match any offer Niswanger receives and a second-round draft pick if they decline to match.

Jarrad Page and Jeff Webb were also given tender offers, making them restricted free agents.
    The level of these tenders offers is for now unclear, but the Chiefs at a minimum would have the right to match any offer sheet these players might sign. They could also be due compensation.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Why do we always keep Webb? Has he ever done anything?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Not really.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I'm kinda surprised at this. I thought for sure he would be gone, as I always felt he was one of Herm's boys? And no, I don't think he has done really much of anything as a Chief.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

I am a little surprised by each of these, but there are times when if you can get a guy on the cheap, you sign them. Niswanger is not horrible, neither is page, and perhaps each of them have talent that can be built upon.

Webb, a little more surprising, but then again, who played second wide receiver this year? Oh yeah Bradley, it really has been the Dwayne Bowe show at WR.

You know, this could be a knock on Thigpen. That's right, I said it.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I am a little surprised by each of these, but there are times when if you can get a guy on the cheap, you sign them. Niswanger is not horrible, neither is page, and perhaps each of them have talent that can be built upon.

Webb, a little more surprising, but then again, who played second wide receiver this year? Oh yeah Bradley, it really has been the Dwayne Bowe show at WR.

You know, this could be a knock on Thigpen. That's right, I said it.

The only one I am supprised about is Webb. Niswanger can play both guard and center and Page is not bad.

Maybe this is Pioli's way of testing the market for these guys. These arn't huge contracts. Actually not contracts at all. Not sure what the legality of a tender offer really is...
    SHUT IT

Why even keep Jeff Webb? He is usless.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I like Page alot, DaJuan Morgan might be creeping up on him on the depth chart though.
    Rudy Niswanger should be kept just because hes a good utility guy that can be plugged in anywere on the line, I dunno though if hes a starter...
    Jeff Webb had 1 good game 2 years back that kinda got me excited about him. Thanks for the disappiontment. Cut him.

i saw webb make one nice catch, and alot of drops since. as for niswanger he is the best we got right now so we kinda gotta keep him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast