Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** Official Ty Law Watch thread ***

Default *** Official Ty Law Watch thread ***

I do believe he will be a Chief.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Default Re: *** Official Ty Law Watch thread ***

Even assuming that you are right........ When?

Could be tommorrow. Could be after a preseason game, or two. I envision him waiting until training camps are over to make a decision. because, training camp is HELL for the players. Why not just skip that, and join a team for the preseason. A little bit of "union" mentallity.

chief31 wrote:
    Even assuming that you are right........ When?

Could be tommorrow. Could be after a preseason game, or two. I envision him waiting until training camps are over to make a decision. because, training camp is HELL for the players. Why not just skip that, and join a team for the preseason. A little bit of "union" mentallity.
    Before the regular season starts would be my guess. 8-)

I can live without him. I would just as soon see some of our players that are in house develope. Unless he wants a 1 year deal. Just my 2 cents.........

I just got back; is he a chief yet? :-P

You know, I just don't see Ty Law becoming a Chief. If he was interested in being a Chief, he'd already be here. He's interested in money, and I don't think the Chiefs are stupid enough to pay the kind of money he is looking for.

It's too bad Ty Law can't see the bigger picture. KC has to be one of the best teams for players. Meaning, there aren't many markets where players are put on a pedastal like they are in KC. In NY, they are torn to pieces in the press every time they make a mistake.

If a Chiefs player beats his wife, gets busted for drugs, get's a DUI, it's all water under the bridge come Sunday. These are examples that I can think of in the last 5-10 years and I'm sure there is much worse.

Would you agree?

admin wrote:
    You know, I just don't see Ty Law becoming a Chief. If he was interested in being a Chief, he'd already be here. He's interested in money, and I don't think the Chiefs are stupid enough to pay the kind of money he is looking for.

It's too bad Ty Law can't see the bigger picture. KC has to be one of the best teams for players. Meaning, there aren't many markets where players are put on a pedastal like they are in KC. In NY, they are torn to pieces in the press every time they make a mistake.

If a Chiefs player beats his wife, gets busted for drugs, get's a DUI, it's all water under the bridge come Sunday. These are examples that I can think of in the last 5-10 years and I'm sure there is much worse.

Would you agree?
    I would agree that, like you, I'll have to hear from a credible source that he has signed on the dotted line before I'll believe he's coming to the Chiefs. Also, I believe him to simply be holding out for as long as possible for the bucks he wants. I'm not so sure that the Chiefs wouldn't shell out the big bucks for him. Remember our 11 million dollar lemon Grbac? It does seem that as long as they perform well on Sunday then their personal lives throughout the week are somewhat over looked.

Well, I guess I was wrong. Ty Law signed a 5-yr deal with the Chiefs!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060723/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_chiefs_law_2

That is awesome news! Hopefully he can stay healthy and improve our pass defense.

Guru wrote:
    TOLD YA!!!!!! :hammer: :hammer: :-D

Guru wrote:
    Guru wrote:
    TOLD YA!!!!!! :hammer: :hammer: :-D
    Yep; ya did. :-D

And stop with the hammers; my head is bustin!!! :-P

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/07/23/chiefs_agree_in_principle_with_pro_bowl_cb_ty_law/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast