Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: wow... now we need to replace Waters!!

Default wow... now we need to replace Waters!!

ugh!!!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1057650.html

Here's hoping Haley is a stop-gap coach and one of the big guys will be signed next season. Like I said before, the best way to develop an opinion of a coach is by how the vets feel about him. If Haley's guys in Arizona didn't like him and now BRIAN EFFING WATERS of all people want to get away from him.... things can't go well with this guy.
    Last edited by texaschief; 02-27-2009 at 01:28 AM.

He isnt going anywhere. So what if he is aloof! We just had warm hearted and players coach Herm Edwards. And look at where that got us. If Waters wants a hug, tell him to go look for another Cards player. Its aparent that they can hold each other.

Haley and Pioli just sent a message, something that we haven't had for years. It's about time we get a GM and HC in here who mean serious business. Players coaches fail most of the time.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

If any of this is true Pioli (and Haley to a degree) have just shown the rest of the franchise that this isn't a family buisness where everyone is content with being terrible and we all just want to be friends from top to bottom with everyone else anymore. If you're a Chief in this new regime it doesn't matter if you're the NFL player of the year runner up or a pro bowl player, you're still a player and you're under contract and you're now expected to produce results (i.e. win games).

That's it...thats all you have to do as a player.

I find it rather disconcerting that Brian Waters had the audacity to just stroll into the front office unannounced (presumably) and ask for a meeting with the Head Coach and the GM to talk about the teams future less then 24 hours before the opening of Free Agency. I respect Brian Waters, he's a great guy and has done much to earn the respect and loyalty of Chiefs fan everywhere and the people of the greater KC area but where does he (or any other player) come off thinking that his opinon on the matter has any relevance to the direction of the Chiefs Franchise?

He's a contract player. He makes millions of dollars. The Chiefs were 2-14. They were awful and it pained me (as well as others across the nation) to watch them let alone drive to Arrowhead (it pains me to say that after all these years). Yea some of it was Carl/Herm Edward and Co. fault but the blame also falls on them as players as well.

Lets be frank here. If you're an employee for Joe Schmo business do you really think that you have any business walking into your Boss's office without an appointment to talk about the future if your sales were down for the past two years? Not really.

These high dollar veteran players really need to learn that they are a commodity to a franchise and not necessarily a necessity and Pioli/Haley are proving this. You may be a veteran player but at the end of the day you're paid to play and "play to win the game!" (guess who!) not to run an orginization.

Of course my opinion on this would change if this was like a Tom Brady and he'd lead my team to 4 Superbowls and 3 victories and he was dissapointed in the coaching staff or something like that...but thats an entirely different can of worms that the Chiefs haven't had to deal with.
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 02-27-2009 at 03:57 AM.

Regardless.. it is kind of upsetting that Pioli couldn't give a 10 minute meeting to one of his best players.

My guess? Waters had flown to KC to ask to be traded or released in the first place, and Pioli knew that's what he was doing.

The players should have known Pioli and Haley were *******s. They did work with Belichick, after all. :)

Waters was quiet during that disgrace of a season last year trying to do his job. i don't think he planned on asking to be traded when he flew to KC. he probably did just want to here what their plan was for him and the team. if they were not ready to tell him they should at least have met w/him and told him the standard platitudes ie..."we are going to be moving forward", "this is a brand new beginning", "last year is behind us"...etc
    the orginization owes Waters at least 10 min's of their time. i am extremely concerned that they just blew him off, coupled w/the comments of the card's players we could be in for a rough ride. Waters is not going anywhere, he is still under contract and they have no intention of trading him. so we will have three disgruntled probowlers on the team who will stay that way until we start winning.

NOBODY and I mean NOBODY has the right to ask to be traded because of what these guys are doing!!!!!!! They are running things the way they need to be ran. PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!! This isn't a fricken daycare center it's a football team where guys are making more money than most business'! Waters doesn't want to play? SIT HIS A$$!!!! You won 2 games last year!! You haven't earned the right to ask for a trade. Man of the year....YES. FOOTBALL player of the year.........HAAAA HAAAAAAA!!! Shut up and play!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    NOBODY and I mean NOBODY has the right to ask to be traded because of what these guys are doing!!!!!!! They are running things the way they need to be ran. PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!! This isn't a fricken daycare center it's a football team where guys are making more money than most business'! Waters doesn't want to play? SIT HIS A$$!!!! You won 2 games last year!! You haven't earned the right to ask for a trade. Man of the year....YES. FOOTBALL player of the year.........HAAAA HAAAAAAA!!! Shut up and play!!!!!
    actually everyone has the right to ask to be traded, its like asking for a transfer at work, does not mean its gonna happen. if you are the senior employee with a glowing record at a company and all of a sudden all your management is changed, it is not unreasonable to go to your new boss to see what changes are in store and how it will affect your job. the response of "this companies profits sucked last year, i could get a bunch of homeless in here to do the same, now get out and don't bother me" would pi$$ you off too. add to that at a convention earlier star employees who worked for your new boss at his former job told you he is an s.o.b., i'm sure your knee jerk reaction would be, "get me outa here"!!!

People like Brian Waters, Tony Gonzalez, and even Larry Johnson (to a point) are used to coaches blowing sunshine up there @sses. Dick Vermeil could pull it off because people wanted to win for him, But it didnt do Herm Edwards any favors. Thats pretty much all these guys know.
    Well THIS is how most teams run things, its hard nosed and it may seem mean, but these guys won 2 games last year. I love Brian, but hes getting paided millions of dollars to play a game. Man up and stop crying because you got your feelings hurt.
    It does the team NO favors to have this sh!t in the news every week. STFU AND PLAY FOOTBALL!

Hmmmm.. A little glimpse behind the curtain.
    I guess it all wont matter as long as the Chiefs win.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Haley and Pioli just sent a message, something that we haven't had for years. It's about time we get a GM and HC in here who mean serious business. Players coaches fail most of the time.
    Yep.

This is just like the Bill Parcells/Jason Taylor fight last year on the Dolphins. The new GM and coach are sending a message that no one is safe.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast