Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: wow... now we need to replace Waters!!

Default wow... now we need to replace Waters!!

ugh!!!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1057650.html

Here's hoping Haley is a stop-gap coach and one of the big guys will be signed next season. Like I said before, the best way to develop an opinion of a coach is by how the vets feel about him. If Haley's guys in Arizona didn't like him and now BRIAN EFFING WATERS of all people want to get away from him.... things can't go well with this guy.
    Last edited by texaschief; 02-27-2009 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Regardless.. it is kind of upsetting that Pioli couldn't give a 10 minute meeting to one of his best players.

My guess? Waters had flown to KC to ask to be traded or released in the first place, and Pioli knew that's what he was doing.

The players should have known Pioli and Haley were *******s. They did work with Belichick, after all. :)
    Couldn't agree more. Players get paid millions of dollars to play and win football games. Waters shoulduv stayed home till ota's and let his agent deal with contract matters if in fact he had his mind made up to leave...
    SHUT IT

Well there is one thing, he is worth a second rounder. But if we lose him, we are ROYALLY F*UCKED.

I don't believe the papers tho, remember Gonzalez didn't say things the way they came out.

Plus if this is true, why are we hearing about it 2 months after Haleys hiring?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Remember...The Patriots way makes winners. There are plenty of players that want to be a Super Bowl Champ and are willing to work hard and/or eat some humble pie after years of being over paid to get it.

Someone said something about all of the star players NE has released and look at their record last year. They had a damn high school QB and had a better record than MOST teams in the NFL. It was a tough division that kept them from being in the play-offs.

I agree with another poster that many of these guys have been pampered too long and not only do they need to take the diapers off, they need to get off the tit and man-up.

I seem to remember Pioli saying something to the fact that no one player is above the team, I think that we have just witnessed this philosiphy. If Pioli and Haley needed Brians input, I'm sure they would ask for it. The days of these players being coddled and the team being a democratic society are over. I am also wandering how much of this is being blown out of proportion. Remember, we have heard only one side of this second hand story (don't know how much stock I put into J.W. as a reporter, afterall he is a columnist).

I think everyone is over reacting, including Waters. if the CHIEFS improve considerably all will be forgiven and forgotten, if not there will be a clammering to replace our new mgmt.

If Waters wants to be able to talk to Pioli, then dammit, he should be able too.

Its not just about $$. Waters wants to win, therefore, he wants to get on teh same page. But Pioli said they have nothing to talk about? WTF?!

How would any of you who have been a part of this forum for some time(or even noobies) feel if you Post Something you think is important, but the Coach or head mods erase it and say "you have nothing important to say."or "we have nothing to talk about".

You would feel spit in teh face and try to go another forum.

Im taking Pioli down a notch if this is true...not impressed!

Honestly, I think everyone here is going way over the top...

Do you know Waters? do you know the situation?

No...no one knows what REALLY happened, but if Pioli doesnt want to take a meeting with a 32 year old guard who is under contract in a time when hes busy figuring out our roster and who to go out and get?

Please...

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    If Waters wants to be able to talk to Pioli, then dammit, he should be able too.

Its not just about $$. Waters wants to win, therefore, he wants to get on teh same page. But Pioli said they have nothing to talk about? WTF?!

How would any of you who have been a part of this forum for some time(or even noobies) feel if you Post Something you think is important, but the Coach or head mods erase it and say "you have nothing important to say."or "we have nothing to talk about".

Im taking Pioli down a notch if this is true...not impressed!
    Waters wanted to talk unannounced at the beginning of free agency began after being the veteran presence on a 2-14 team. What competent GM or HC would talk to him right now?

I like Waters. He's a good guy and a good player. But he's a 32-year-old LG that hasn't ever won anything. He has two years left on his contract and isn't talking about renegotiation. Pioli and Haley would have been out of their minds to waste their time with Waters right now.

And as much as I like Waters, yeah, 22 guys off the street could have taken us to 2-14 last year.
    Last edited by jmlamerson; 02-27-2009 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

Worst comparison ever..

This is a discussion board, we discuss. Chiefs is a football organization, they play football.

I'd hoped to hear positive things come out of KC, but I still have confidence in Pioli and Haley. It's about time things got a little tougher in that organization..

As someone once said to us fans "Get over it". It is time someone held these millionaires accountable for their product.

If your company put out a product like the Chiefs did last year it would probably be one of the companies looking for bailout money from the government.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast