Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: wow... now we need to replace Waters!!

Default wow... now we need to replace Waters!!

ugh!!!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1057650.html

Here's hoping Haley is a stop-gap coach and one of the big guys will be signed next season. Like I said before, the best way to develop an opinion of a coach is by how the vets feel about him. If Haley's guys in Arizona didn't like him and now BRIAN EFFING WATERS of all people want to get away from him.... things can't go well with this guy.
    Last edited by texaschief; 02-27-2009 at 01:28 AM.

The top 3 players on our roster (ok, not so sure about LJ) have already displayed discontent. With all the secrecy lately the fans are starving for info. It's really frustrating that the only damn thing we see is negative press from our team 'leaders'. I'm actually getting pissed off about next season already and we haven't even made it to the draft yet! The Chiefs Kingdom needs hope. The organization needs to throw the fans a bone. All we want is to be able to at least believe in our team. All these overpaid @$$holes are making that no easy task.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    Waters was quiet during that disgrace of a season last year trying to do his job. i don't think he planned on asking to be traded when he flew to KC. he probably did just want to here what their plan was for him and the team. if they were not ready to tell him they should at least have met w/him and told him the standard platitudes ie..."we are going to be moving forward", "this is a brand new beginning", "last year is behind us"...etc
    the orginization owes Waters at least 10 min's of their time. i am extremely concerned that they just blew him off, coupled w/the comments of the card's players we could be in for a rough ride. Waters is not going anywhere, he is still under contract and they have no intention of trading him. so we will have three disgruntled probowlers on the team who will stay that way until we start winning.
    Waters was never quiet. He was constantly on the radio after every game making excuses for Herm.

Screw Brian. This is a business. Brian went to the head fo the business asking for a meeting, the Head of the company said. You are under contract there is not need for a discussion, you are not going anywhere and I won't even discuss it.

Then he went to the coach, complaining. So the Coach let him have it. They mean business.... take your crying ace home. Trade his butt... He hasn't been worth all the credit he gets since Roaf retired.

well i am kinda torn here. As in the thread i started a long time ago about hayley being a hard ***. I told everyone he wouldn't put up with any of theplayers crap. And if they didn't like it they wouldn't be playing with kc. But the reason i'm torn is becasue i like waters alot BUT...it's pioli and hayley's team now not softbelly edwards team anymore. If players dont' wanna be here no point in keeping them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Waters was never quiet. He was constantly on the radio after every game making excuses for Herm.

Screw Brian. This is a business. Brian went to the head like a man fo the business asking for a meeting, the Head of the company said. You are under contract there is not need for a discussion, yes there is, because Brian asked for it you are not going anywhere and I won't even discuss it.

Then he went to the coach, complaining. So the Coach let him have it. They mean business.... take your crying ace home. Trade his butt... He hasn't been worth all the credit he gets since Roaf retired.
    That is sooooo lame Seek. Brian, in dark times, still has sweat blood for us. And to think that Waters who has been here for how many years, givin us pro bowls, doesnt deserve 10 min with two people who havent even been here two months?!!!!

If you ask me, Waters was asking for it. He knew ahead of time that Haley was aloof. So what does he do? waits for the most busy time in the year for the coachs time, and sets off what he knew what was coming. kinda sad if you ask me. lame way to want out of your contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    That is sooooo lame Seek. Brian, in dark times, still has sweat blood for us. And to think that Waters who has been here for how many years, givin us pro bowls, doesnt deserve 10 min with two people who havent even been here two months?!!!!
    Given us pro bowls?! Is that the best you have?!

Waters has been a good-to-great OG for the past ten years. The Chiefs have never won anything with him. His best years are behind him. Our new GM/HC are now more important to building a winner than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    If you ask me, Waters was asking for it. He knew ahead of time that Haley was aloof. So what does he do? waits for the most busy time in the year for the coachs time, and sets off what he knew what was coming. kinda sad if you ask me. lame way to want out of your contract.
    Waters was asking for a short meeting, just a second.

You telling me he hasnt earned that?

When is he suppose to talk? During Draft? During Training Camp?

How bout Now?!!

Why the Hell is everybody like " He shouldnt talk to Pioli such a busy time"? It should be the other way around..we are glad we got Pioli because he puts forth the effort to make sure our play makers are happy! But no, CP said fvck Jared Allen. And Pioli said fvck Waters.

How bout Now?!!

Why the Hell is everybody like " He shouldnt talk to Pioli such a busy time"? It should be the other way around..we are glad we got Pioli because he puts forth the effort to make sure our play makers are happy! But no, CP said fvck Jared Allen. And Pioli said fvck Waters.
    There's more than a little difference between a 26-year-old DE and a 32-year-old OG. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Given us pro bowls?! Is that the best you have?!

Waters has been a good-to-great OG for the past ten years. The Chiefs have never won anything with him. His best years are behind him. Our new GM/HC are now more important to building a winner than he is.
    Uhmmm, when someone gives you a pro bowl season I consider that something special.

And yes, you said it yourself, Waters has been a good-to-great OG the past ten years!!!

JM your not listening, I dont care if youre 23 or 32,,My point is, hes earned time to talk...thats it, Pioli should have given it to him.
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 02-27-2009 at 06:09 PM.

How bout Now?!!

He was trying to talk to Haley not Pioli. Who is Waters to walk in and say i demand your time? He is busy trying to put a coaching staff and a NFL team together. Chances are Waters will make the team. But when he is told by Arizona players that he is disconnedted with vets, he runs his wideload in and sets himself up to be pushed aside. This is a business, not ill push everything aside for you (even if it was the Hunts on the phone) for you type of business. LAME

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast