Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: wow... now we need to replace Waters!!

Default wow... now we need to replace Waters!!

ugh!!!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1057650.html

Here's hoping Haley is a stop-gap coach and one of the big guys will be signed next season. Like I said before, the best way to develop an opinion of a coach is by how the vets feel about him. If Haley's guys in Arizona didn't like him and now BRIAN EFFING WATERS of all people want to get away from him.... things can't go well with this guy.
    Last edited by texaschief; 02-27-2009 at 01:28 AM.

try to HONESTLY think what your reaction would be if it was Tony G instead of Waters and Carl P instead of Pioli. and be honest w/yourself, i'm sure most if not all would be cursing peterson as being the bad guy and crucifying him unmercyfully, heyna or no?? and please no excuses "that it would be different"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    try to HONESTLY think what your reaction would be if it was Tony G instead of Waters and Carl P instead of Pioli. and be honest w/yourself, i'm sure most if not all would be cursing peterson as being the bad guy and crucifying him unmercyfully, heyna or no?? and please no excuses "that it would be different"
    I probably would be cursing Peterson. But then again, I was always cursing Peterson.
    Pioli has a couple rings. He knows what he's doing...
    SHUT IT

If Scott Pioli is here for 20 years and wins nothing and we are in the middle of our worst season ever, then i'll probably start cursing him a bit more also.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnett89 View Post
    If Scott Pioli is here for 20 years and wins nothing and we are in the middle of our worst season ever, then i'll probably start cursing him a bit more also.
    You got that right! But I don't see it. Pioli knows how to win. Thats why he's here.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    You got that right! But I don't see it. Pioli knows how to win. Thats why he's here.
    let's hope so

I hate to be like this but after everything that's happened today (I might change my mind depending on what they gave up for Vrabel, but right now this trade is unimpressive at best), nobody that has come from New England has done squat. I think that it might be time to start thinking that there was a real collection of people perfect for the job they had there and that led to the success. I hope I regret saying this but Pioli has not made any moves that make me think this franchise is going to be a long time contender....of course they have yet to play a single game under his watch so I guess I could be wrong :)

Quote Originally Posted by brain1081 View Post
    I hate to be like this but after everything that's happened today (I might change my mind depending on what they gave up for Vrabel, but right now this trade is unimpressive at best), nobody that has come from New England has done squat. I think that it might be time to start thinking that there was a real collection of people perfect for the job they had there and that led to the success. I hope I regret saying this but Pioli has not made any moves that make me think this franchise is going to be a long time contender....of course they have yet to play a single game under his watch so I guess I could be wrong :)
    Pioli has been GM for 15 minutes and you are already jumping off the bandwagon. The team is moving to a 3-4 defense and needs someone that has played at least one snap of it. I can understand the logic of a Vrabel trade. I just hope we didn't give up to much for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Pioli has been GM for 15 minutes and you are already jumping off the bandwagon. The team is moving to a 3-4 defense and needs someone that has played at least one snap of it. I can understand the logic of a Vrabel trade. I just hope we didn't give up to much for it.
    why is this such a secret? I (too) hope it is nothing higher than a 4th. The info stream has certainly dried up.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    why is this such a secret? I (too) hope it is nothing higher than a 4th. The info stream has certainly dried up.
    It could be a leverage type of deal to see how the market is responding to the deal as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by brain1081 View Post
    I posted this earlier but Free Agency thus far for the Kansas City Chiefs has played out exactly as Clark Hunt said it would play out for us. Hunt said they (the Chiefs) were not going to do anything drastic on the opening day of Free Agency. SO while many fans had stars in their eyes dreaming of Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, Albert Haynesworth, Jon Vilma, Julius Peppers etc, all wearing Red and Gold the truth of the matter is that it was all wishful thinking.

Hunt outlined the plan for the Chiefs in Free Agency as clear as he could without devulging to much information. Chiefs would play the chess match of Free Agency, using their leverage in cap space on the second wave of free agency to sign multiple guys to fill out the roster rather then blowing the bank on a couple of big name players. Like it or not the Chiefs have more holes to fill then their are star players to sign. While the prospect of bringing in a celebrity to KC has some people going ga-ga the reality is if you want to build a winner you have to play the market smart.

So for now we have to wait...as frustrating as it is to not be in the loop its how things are going to be from now on.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast