Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: wow... now we need to replace Waters!!

Default wow... now we need to replace Waters!!

ugh!!!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1057650.html

Here's hoping Haley is a stop-gap coach and one of the big guys will be signed next season. Like I said before, the best way to develop an opinion of a coach is by how the vets feel about him. If Haley's guys in Arizona didn't like him and now BRIAN EFFING WATERS of all people want to get away from him.... things can't go well with this guy.
    Last edited by texaschief; 02-27-2009 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Uhmmm, when someone gives you a pro bowl season I consider that something special.

And yes, you said it yourself, Waters has been a good-to-great OG the past ten years!!!

JM your not listening, I dont care if youre 23 or 32,,My point is, hes earned time to talk...thats it, Pioli should have given it to him.
    The NFL is not a small family business. There's no loyalty for winning franchises. The question is what you've done for me this year, this week - not what you did before.

Waters is a guard. He's not in the top ten most important positions on the team. He's earned a paycheck - nothing more, nothing less.

And Pro Bowls are meaningless, except as popularity contests.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    He was trying to talk to Haley not Pioli.

Who is Waters to walk in and say i demand your time? He is busy trying to put a coaching staff and a NFL team together. Chances are Waters will make the team. But when he is told by Arizona players that he is disconnedted with vets, he runs his wideload in and sets himself up to be pushed aside. This is a business, not ill push everything aside for you (even if it was the Hunts on the phone) for you type of business. LAME
    hmmmm, well WarCry, according to the article originally posted in the thread, Waters did try to contack Pioli. Pioli deliberatly turned downd Waters to talk. Saying "we have nothing to talk about." So I invite you to read it again, get your facts straight, then post.

Oh and Waters didnt demand...he asked... your right, who is he to do that...what has he done for this org?....

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The NFL is not a small family business. There's no loyalty for winning franchises. The question is what you've done for me this year, this week - not what you did before.

Waters is a guard. He's not in the top ten most important positions on the team. He's earned a paycheck - nothing more, nothing less.

And Pro Bowls are meaningless, except as popularity contests.
    So youre telling me a good GM cant spare 10 min. for a good player right now?!

hmmmm, well WarCry, according to the article originally posted in the thread, Waters did try to contack Pioli. Pioli deliberatly turned downd Waters to talk. Saying "we have nothing to talk about." So I invite you to read it again, get your facts straight, then post.

Oh and Waters didnt demand...he asked... your right, who is he to do that...what has he done for this org?....
    Are you saying that Waters is above the TEAM? Bull. He is not important right now. Yeah he has done great things for this Org. but not enough for the front office to stop the world. dude he is not that great.

True, but you keep your strengths and ditch the weakness. Waters is a strentgh we need to keep happy. Waters does his talkin on the field, which is why he deserves his say...

Equal and Dispensible? Gonzalez and Waters are no equal to a Mcintosh and Croyle.
    Maybe so. And they get paid for their contributions with the contracts they sign. Nothing more. This is a business - not Romper Room.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    Are you saying that Waters is above the TEAM? Bull. He is not important right now. Yeah he has done great things for this Org. but not enough for the front office to stop the world. dude he is not that great.
    NO im not saying hes above the team. I never alluded to that or anything.

Asking for a quick min is not saying youre above the team.

I dont care if it Tony Gonzalez is asking for a quick word with Pioli or if its Niswanger or Croyle.

Waters knows more bout the way offseason works more than we do. he knows when GM are busy, and they are busy. But give the guy the time of day for christ sake. Dont spit in his face saying you have nothing to say to him when he has something he wants to communicate with you on. Just wants to geton the same page.

NO im not saying hes above the team. I never alluded to that or anything.

Asking for a quick min is not saying youre above the team.

I dont care if it Tony Gonzalez is asking for a quick word with Pioli or if its Niswanger or Croyle.

Waters knows more bout the way offseason works more than we do. he knows when GM are busy, and they are busy. But give the guy the time of day for christ sake. Dont spit in his face saying you have nothing to say to him when he has something he wants to communicate with you on. Just wants to geton the same page.
    What about the other 56 players? Should Pioli/Haley maybe put everything on hold for - say 3 days - and have one-on-ones with everybody?
    Or should they try to build a football team that won 2 games last year?
    No offense snake. I just think Waters was out of line coming in unnounced demanding a meeting with Pioli...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    he should man up, shut his mouth and play out the contract that he willingly signed!!
    I can understand Brian's feelings getting hurt, but he's a big boy. He should do the following as quickly as possible:
    1. Look at his bank statement.
    2. Apologize for reacting like LJ would have.
    3. Report to camp on time and in shape.

It's called a contract.

This would be an interesting thread if anyone actually knew exactly how it went down but I have heard Waters asked for a meeting. I have heard he demanded a meeting. no one knows if Haley told him to F off or if he said now is not a good time. Everyone is arguing about sepculation on what might have been said. At the end of the day , if u have a contract, shut up and play. No matter who you are.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I will just say this.

I am a salesman at a car dealership. I have alot to do with how much money the dealership makes. In that way, I am a "player" in my own way. if i went to the owner of the dealership, or the general manger (who i am comparing as pioli/haley) and said hey i want to talk to you about what direction the business is goin gin, they would tell me the same thing. None of my business, get back to work. :/

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast