Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wow... now we need to replace Waters!!

Default wow... now we need to replace Waters!!

ugh!!!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1057650.html

Here's hoping Haley is a stop-gap coach and one of the big guys will be signed next season. Like I said before, the best way to develop an opinion of a coach is by how the vets feel about him. If Haley's guys in Arizona didn't like him and now BRIAN EFFING WATERS of all people want to get away from him.... things can't go well with this guy.
    Last edited by texaschief; 02-27-2009 at 01:28 AM.

Im hoping this is not true. Otherwise we can pretty much guarantee a 2-3 year "rebuilding" or "building" period. Whatever you want to call it, we will have way too many holes to fill. Too many to even plug in patchwork players. If he leaves, then we need at least 3 new linemen (im not convinced Niswanger is less than average).

Sigh

I'm sorry, but am I the only one extremely underwhelmed by the Pioli/Haley management thus far? They have yet to name a DC, haven't completed their coaching staff and took forever to get the guys who they DID hire. Then, these guys they hired were responsible for some of the most mediocre defenses in the last few years. They won't release ANY info, no matter how mundane it may be... (Like, who cares about the tenders the three RFA's got today? Their agents are about to let everyone know EXACTLY what they were offered... why not just save everyone the hassle and say what you offered them?)

Now, these jackasses are running off the NFL's GREATEST person. How effed up do things have to be to make Brian Waters ask for a release or trade?

I don't want to make any snap judgements, but this just seems like one big cluster#$%#. I have SERIOUS doubts about Haley's ability to be an effective HC. He's not bringing in a good staff to surround him and he's already got 2 of the 3 Pro Bowlers on this team asking for a trade. He's cut the other two (Surtain, Edwards). Not that I necessarily disagree with the Surtain, Edwards releases. I'm just saying, it doesn't look like this guy is going to do so well attracting vets or even coaching them.

WOW, this was crazy, but I kind of have to laugh about this line:

And Haley began his hallway conversation with Waters by proclaiming that 22 players off the street could win two games, the source said.
    Now that is pretty funny and pretty telling. I don't think this regime is in the mindset to treat these guys with kid gloves. This is a far cry from when Edwards was here and I like what I am seeing. These guys get coddled way too much for the money they are making.

I also fully expect to hear Pioli and Haley tell Waters to pack sand and get on board with the season.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    ... (im not convinced Niswanger is less than average).

Sigh
    Niswanger the center??? Anyone can be the center. I would think it would be kinda like playing Hot Potato with the football!
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Niswanger needs to be moved to guard

What can we get for Waters in a trade? mid-late 2nd rounder?

Pioli could give a sh!t what any player thinks about anything. This is a guy who cut or traded Deion Branch, Ty law, Lawyer Milloy, Asante Samuel, Drew Bledsoe, and others. You think he cares if Brian Waters is crying? He!! no. Listen Tex, I love Brian and Tony and even LJ, but these guys do not mess around, your replacement is always right around the corner and if your under contract then you are owned! Brian better get ready for OTA's in a couple months.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

The Chiefs should not trade Waters. He's got two options, either man up and play, or refuse and don't get paid. Yes he's been a great player, as well as a great man in the community, but please STFU. It seem as if some of these players would rather have continued losing under good ole loveable, never say a mean thing Herm. Playtime is over, now it's time to be a real NFL team.

damn.. hes our best player!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast