Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haynesworth to Washington

Default Haynesworth to Washington

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

"My source tells me to look for a contract that could break $100 million with an average of $15 million to $16 million per. My guy is almost never wrong and Dan Snyder gets what he wants."

At least we're not the one who'll be stuck with this bill... good lord. I knew he'd get a big contract, but this is ridiculous for a player who has yet to play an entire season during his 8 year career.

Leave it to the Redskins to overpay for him.

Free agency hasn't begun, so no deal is done yet. But Snyder has never been afraid of spending money.

When the NFL has no salary cap, the Redskins will become the Yankees of the NFL.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfreak4life View Post
    When the NFL has no salary cap, the Redskins will become the Yankees of the NFL.
    If the NFL goes uncapped, it won't last long. MAYBE a season. But honestly, I see a lockout before even THAT happens. There are too many small market teams for the owners to allow that to happen. They've seen what baseball has become and the NFL wants no part of that.

If we draft a QB we would probably have to pay around 3/4 of that contract. Not that I think it's smart, but I'd rather shell out a ton of cash to a proven stud then to a rookie
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Giving any player that kind of money is not only a huge risk but right down stupid. That is going to make anyone that gets a bunch of sacks think he cango out and get $100 million contracts. It isn't any wonder the league is about to be on strike. It seems every year another player gets one of these huge contracts then the other half of the players want more money or to be released so they can try and get a huge pay. Just crazy as Hell!
    Al the crypt davis and snyder, trying to buy a super bowl with overpaying players, and screwing up other players with inflated egos of what they are worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Free agency hasn't begun, so no deal is done yet. But Snyder has never been afraid of spending money.
    Wasn't there a player last year who signed at 12:01. The deal could be done, just not official until Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by kuchief View Post
    If we draft a QB we would probably have to pay around 3/4 of that contract. Not that I think it's smart, but I'd rather shell out a ton of cash to a proven stud then to a rookie
    apples and oranges... QBs make over twice what DTs make. Proven schmoven, the guy suddenly becomes the best defensive lineman in the NFL in the last 2 years of his contract, and is "pretty good" the rest of the time. Not to mention he's never played a full season.

I'm really glad it's the Redskins and not us. Let him stomp on people in the NFC.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    apples and oranges... QBs make over twice what DTs make. Proven schmoven, the guy suddenly becomes the best defensive lineman in the NFL in the last 2 years of his contract, and is "pretty good" the rest of the time. Not to mention he's never played a full season.

I'm really glad it's the Redskins and not us. Let him stomp on people in the NFC.
    No. No. He played a WHOLE season his rookie year.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast