Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cassel to Bucs

Default Cassel to Bucs

Can't find a link, but apparently, a local station in Tampa is breaking the news.

At least we're not giving up any picks for him.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Again, the word rumor is very Bold in this article and I seriously doubt the Bucs are so hard up for a QB they will give up a first rounder, I doubt any team would give that up for Cassell as he is a no name QB with no experience IMO and in this thread that is all we are discussing is our own oppinions as it isn't even fact that he is going to the Bucs.
    ...was just showing that the rumor did not stem from our forum...that there IS a RUMOR out there about this matter. Whether it ends up true or not...eh...don't really care. Just posting a link to give this discussion a bit more substance.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    ...was just showing that the rumor did not stem from our forum...that there IS a RUMOR out there about this matter. Whether it ends up true or not...eh...don't really care. Just posting a link to give this discussion a bit more substance.
    Thought I'd shed some light on this as a Pats fan as we got duped several times by this too.

This rumor started with some guy posting in Adam Shefter's blog under a similar username to the man himself. It wasn't reported by a station there and the website had no mention of it.

ANYTHING could be true, but this rumor apparently came from nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Hey Pats fan, thanks for shedding some light on where this BS rumor started. I never could figure out why anyone would do something like this. Reminds me of the KC Star LMAO!!!!

The mods on our forums were deleting posts about it all day and finally just settled with merging topics.

Hope you guys don't mind some Pats fans peeking in time-to-time. Have a hunch I'm not the only Pioli fan that is going to follow you guys to see how 50% of our brain trust does on his own.

As for Vrabel, we're all kinda assuming it's going to be a low round pick (probably a 4th or conditional 5th) OR it's part of a Cassell deal. We're going to miss him BADLY. He does still have gas in the tank, although he did slow down a touch last season. Either way, he'll bring some experience to the table you guys are going to need. Our team has a tendancy to dump guys about a year or two before they're done while they still have value. Once you've adopted the system for a couple of years you'll go through those heartbreaks too. (They always turn out okay even though we say "we're doomed" every year for some idiotic reason.)

Give Pioli and Co. some time. You're in MUCH better hands than before.

Good luck except when you play us!

Edit: By the way-- any talk of Gonzalez being part of trade talks involving Cassel/Vrabel/Pats in the media there?
    Last edited by ultimatepatsfan; 02-28-2009 at 09:36 AM.

If TG is playing one more year, and he wants out...why not move him...even a 3rd round pick provides the room to go nab a center with one of the two picks in the 3rd...like last year when extra picks allowed us to go dorsey then albert...which I still feel was the best move at the time regardless of outcome.

Default Cassel To Chiefs-just Announced

oh crap, i really hope we don't look back on this day as one of our big blunders. i am not convinced he is the next tom brady, not enuf track record, and we probably gave up way to much when we need so much. only time will tell.

Tampa Tribune is reporting on this. They basically admit it is a rumor with no reliable source.

Bucs Report - Tools - from TBO.com Blogs/

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    oh crap, i really hope we don't look back on this day as one of our big blunders. i am not convinced he is the next tom brady, not enuf track record, and we probably gave up way to much when we need so much. only time will tell.
    Where was it announced?

Quote Originally Posted by imcorrect View Post
    Where was it announced?
    on espn, said it just happened, still working out the details but it is a done deal

To UltimatePatsFan.

Welcome.

Havent heard of any TG rumors yet. But there is very little info coming out of arrowhead anymore.

I have a friend that is a die hard Patriots fan and he is livid over this deal, so it seems to me it might be a good one. I am hoping Thiggy gets a shot at starter, but I am thinking that is highly doubtful now.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!