Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Cassel to Bucs

Default Cassel to Bucs

Can't find a link, but apparently, a local station in Tampa is breaking the news.

At least we're not giving up any picks for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    wow all this Cassell talk what about Thig??? he did just as good last year as cassell .
    In no way, shape, or form did Thigpen do better than Cassel. Cassel had more TDs, yards, and wins, a better passer rating, and a better completion %.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    wow all this Cassell talk what about Thig??? he did just as good last year as cassell .
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    In no way, shape, or form did Thigpen do better than Cassel. Cassel had more TDs, yards, and wins, a better passer rating, and a better completion %.
    I also agree that cassel did better than thig. therefore should give him the upper hand and give him a go.

The most important stat for a QB not taking into account turnovers (or wins) is yards per attempt, and Cassel was a full yard ahead of Thigpen (7.2 to 6.2). Thigpen's biggest problem was that he'd make a few good plays, and then throw 3 straight incompletions. That ends drives.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    And on a really good all-around team like Thigy did.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    And on a really good all-around team like Thigy did.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Cassell might suck on oranges.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

:marchmellow:
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Lets do a history thing here, back in the80's we had a QB named Bill Kenny, he threw for over 5,000 yrds and actually came in second to Dan Fouts in total passing yards for that year. With a QB that could toss for that many yards it was crazy that the Chiefs couldn't getin the playoffs. Now back to the future, Tyler did great , here are his 2008 stats,
    --
    Tyler Thigpen 420att 230 Comp| 2608yds| 54.8%
    Here are Cassells Stats,
    --
    Matt Cassel 516 att 327 comp| 3693 yds| 63.4 %
    Keep in mind that yes Matt may have had some big name stars on his Offense Tyler didn't have but DBowe isn't anything to laugh at and neither is Tony G.
    My point is this, when Matt gets paid $14.6 million of KC money , do you really want to do that with him riding the bench even if Tyler were to beat Cassell out in a competitive controversial situation that could be very bad for the Chiefs? I know that is the absolute worst thing that could happen to us. Everyone will cry foul but bottom line is this , Cassell is our QB.
    Yards per pass attempt, 7.2 to 6.2 in favor of Cassel, which was just 0.1 behind Cutler. Enough said, Cassel had a better season. It's not just the weapons, and besides... Cassel didn't use Moss like Brady does.

Thigpen had weapons too. TG, Bowe, Bradley was good when he was healthy, Charles made plays.

I watched the Pats Jets week 11 game yesterday in its entirety. Jabar Gaffney was dropping Cassel passes left and right.

Yeah, we got Cassel! Uh huh, we got Cassel.
    Yessiree, we got him.....
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    The main point I believe is the difference in both men is this, Cassell made the right decision to throw the ball to the right man more often than Thigpen. Cassell also threw less int's which boils down to accuracy and choosing the right target to throw at. Cassel is the better QB no matter what team they both play on , we should feel good that we have both me on the Chiefs.
    I'm a big fan of both guys! I think we're in a perfect situation at QB. Two guys who both were very good last season, both young, and both have a ton of potential to be even better. Unfortunately, Thigpen's contract is up next season, and I can't see him re-signing unless no starting opportunities come up with any other franchises.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast