Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 81

Thread: Cassel to Bucs

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default Cassel to Bucs


    0 Not allowed!
    Can't find a link, but apparently, a local station in Tampa is breaking the news.

    At least we're not giving up any picks for him.

  2. #71
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,993
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Don't worry yourself to death over the prospect of Thiggy signing a Franchise type contract with another team based on what he did last season. The team only had 2 wins and we only got those because our running game was working correctly both games. Thig is a second teamer at best and the direction KC is going I expect Pioli to atleast entertain him with some type of raise in his contract to keep him as such.
    You kinda just made my point. Put Thig in Boston and his stats are dramatically different (better).
    Remember Cassel was a 2nd teamer until he was given the chance. Thigs chance was soured on a team with no defense, an inept HC, and a broken down OL and RB...
    SHUT IT

  3. #72
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,993
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Your point is made out of could of's and maybe's. My point is fact and that is how I roll most of the time. It is nice to dream but in this case I don't see the point in wondering what might have happened. Cassell lead his team to the 11 - 5 record and Thigpen to a 2 - 14 record. It's easy to blame it on the Defense but why not say Thigpen could have thrown a few less dropped or intercepted balls. We won't even do that the fact is Cassell is a winning QB in most peoples eyes and Thigpen isn't . Cassell was #2 to a 3 time Superbowl winning QB in Brady, Thigpen was a 3rd stringer behind Croyle who has never won a game and Huard who is now gone. I see no reason to debate this any further these are my closing statements, say what you will.
    You are trying to compare these 2 qbs based on stats, where I am comparing them based on the environment they were placed in. Thats the way I roll. At any rate we will have to disagree and hopefully we can agree that the Chiefs now have 2 excellent qbs to build on...
    SHUT IT

  4. #73
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,341
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 28

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    :439:I roll with white zig zags!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  5. #74
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Your point is made out of could of's and maybe's. My point is fact and that is how I roll most of the time. It is nice to dream but in this case I don't see the point in wondering what might have happened. Cassell lead his team to the 11 - 5 record and Thigpen to a 2 - 14 record. It's easy to blame it on the Defense but why not say Thigpen could have thrown a few less dropped or intercepted balls. We won't even do that the fact is Cassell is a winning QB in most peoples eyes and Thigpen isn't . Cassell was #2 to a 3 time Superbowl winning QB in Brady, Thigpen was a 3rd stringer behind Croyle who has never won a game and Huard who is now gone. I see no reason to debate this any further these are my closing statements, say what you will.
    Well, if you want some facts....

    Cassel took a team that had been 19-1 over their last twenty games, to 10-5.

    Thigpen took a team that had been 1-14 in their last 15 games to 1-9.

    So, basically, Cassel took a team that couldn't lose, and managed to lose some. While Thigpen took a team that couldn't win, and managed to do about the same. (A smig better.)

    Unlike baseball, where a guy hits home runs by his own accord, TDs in football are based on the blocking, pass catching and play-calling around you.

    So a QB is not nearly as responsible for his numbers as a batter is in baseball.

  6. #75
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    104
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If you want to look at the environment...how about the snow game he threw for 400 yards in?

    what about DOMINATING the AFC West, who he will face 6 times a year...

    I think its a big test this season, I like Thiggy, but hes just not accurate on the deep ball, whereas Cassel can throw it on a rope 60 yards to a guy running FULL SPEED not stopping for 3 seconds to wait for the ball.

    But check the schedule, Thigpen last season faced a lot of weak defenses, and only showed up in the first half, this season, Cassel or Thiggy will be facing probably the toughest schedule the chiefs have had in years.

    I think there was no press conference to keep the photo op's down...The schedule sets up either to fail unless KC decides to fix the right side of their line.

  7. #76
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    624
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    well i was a thiggpy supporter so i guess we shall see what happens

  8. #77
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SDChief09 View Post
    If you want to look at the environment...how about the snow game he threw for 400 yards in?

    what about DOMINATING the AFC West, who he will face 6 times a year...

    I think its a big test this season, I like Thiggy, but hes just not accurate on the deep ball, whereas Cassel can throw it on a rope 60 yards to a guy running FULL SPEED not stopping for 3 seconds to wait for the ball.

    But check the schedule, Thigpen last season faced a lot of weak defenses, and only showed up in the first half, this season, Cassel or Thiggy will be facing probably the toughest schedule the chiefs have had in years.

    I think there was no press conference to keep the photo op's down...The schedule sets up either to fail unless KC decides to fix the right side of their line.

    I agree whole-heartedly about fixing the o-line.

    But I think it is a whole lot easier to shine on a team that made it to the Super Bowl at 18-0 than it is with a team that couldn't win if the other team stayed in the locker room.

  9. #78
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manhattan, KS
    Posts
    573
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I agree whole-heartedly about fixing the o-line.

    But I think it is a whole lot easier to shine on a team that made it to the Super Bowl at 18-0 than it is with a team that couldn't win if the other team stayed in the locker room.
    Hey now, we're not the Lions.

  10. #79
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Hey now, we're not the Lions.
    We were the closest thing to them.

    Sad, but true.

  11. #80
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    OK, you can make your statements anyway you wish as long as your not attempting to make a living at it on National TV because if you tried to do it that way the credible analysts wouldmake you look silly in from of 6 million people that just happen to be watching. Your safe here and we can just laugh about it but the facts are the facts and all credible analysts go by the numbers because that is the real deal. Nothing fake about it at all. As for comparing football to baseball, I haven't fallen asleep during one football game in my entire life as baseball makes me so tired I turn it off.(BORING)
    You must be kidding.

    Individual statistics in football don't mean alot. And for every "credible" analyst that you find who disagrees with that, there are four of them who will agree.

    And I am unimpressed with your guess that someone else could make me look silly.

    Hell. I can do that, easy.

    But, if stats mean so much, then tell me which QB was the real Brett Favre...

    56%, 3,885 Yards, 18 TDs, 18 Ints, 72.7 QB Rating

    or...

    64.1%, 4,088 Yards, 30 TDs, 17 Ints, 92.4 QB Rating

    ?

    There really is no "Credible" analyst who won't admit that QBs depend on the rest of their team to help accumulate wins and individual statistics.

    Not one.

    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Actually I believe there was one team ahead of us in that race, StLouis Rams have the second pick ;)
    (2-14) = (2-14)

    Not that it matters.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kellen Winslow JR to Bucs
    By Sn@keIze in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 10:54 PM
  2. Jimmy Wilkerson signs with Bucs
    By royalswin100games in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 04:32 AM
  3. Giants at Bucs.
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 07:55 PM
  4. Bucs vs Colts
    By sling58 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 07:11 PM
  5. Bucs cut Rice!!
    By Chiefster in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 10:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •