Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jay Marrioti wants the Pats - Chiefs trade investigated!

Default Jay Marrioti wants the Pats - Chiefs trade investigated!

What a d***.

Here is the source Kansas City's Sweetheart Deal for Cassel Warrants NFL Probe

oh and this is my first post.. Couldn't pass up posting this. I didn't see another thread about this..

Resident Celebrity

Good first post and he is a dikc
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

If Belichek and Pioli had stood on camera February 27 and publically announced that they're trading Cassel for a 2016 7th rounder to screw the rest of league, it wouldn't be against the rules.

Jay Mariotti's an imbecile who's trying to provoke a reaction to prop up his sagging column. He should have been sued by the Chicago Sun-Times for breaching his contract with them to suckle at ESPN's teat. He wasn't worth the time it takes to post this.

Exactly what I would expect from someone(Marrioti) who doesn't understand football. If he understood football, he would understand that the Pats didn't want our 1st round pick. The money they would have to pay that person would have offset the cap room cleared by this trade. The trade was made by NE for exactly that purpose, to clear cap room.

Mariotti is the Whitlock of Chicago. He's just looking to stir up trouble while trying to maintain the stance in America that his opinion matters and we should care. Truth of the matter is Goodel won't look into this with any great length. All of Mariotti's point on the issue are moot and easily countered.

A high draft choice for Casssel (top 10) at least would have, like coach said, off set the cap returns for trading him. Rookie pool bonuses in gaurenteed money exceed the ~$15million he was due to be paid and the Pats would've been saddled with a high dollar rookie from a mediocre draft class at best. Nobody wants to trade up that high this year. There's no one worth it.

Vrabel had one year left on his contract and was eating up about ~$4-5million dollars in cap space. Pats would have cut him anyways to make room to sign the younger talent avalible on their roster before they ever hit FA next year while conservatively approaching the market like they do every year.

The deal could have been done with Tampa and Denver had the trade gone through. The Pats didn't deny the 12th overall pick Tampa was offering but, if according to what I read is right, Denver pulled out of the negotiations with Cutler so everything fell apart. More to the story? Most likely, but the Chiefs got the deal done. Pats are able to free up Cap Space (Cassel) and look to the market/draft for free agent talent to fill in for Vrabel's absence with the 34th pick and the Chiefs pick up a potential QBOTF and veteran presence on defense they so desperately need.

Who the hell is this guy? Go f*ck. It was legal trade. You think Piloi would be stupid and make an illegal trade?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Who the hell is this guy? Go f*ck. It was legal trade. You think Piloi would be stupid and make an illegal trade?
    Even better. There's no such thing as an illegal trade so long as you do it in the proper time periods.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

this guy is an opinion sports columnist who gets his face on espn for a few minutes every day on around the horn.

also a doucher~

who cares what mariotti thinks. next please~

I heard Pioli had an undisclosed amount of video featuing Belichecks mother in comprimising positions. Which may or may not have been a facture in this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    What a d***.

Here is the source Kansas City's Sweetheart Deal for Cassel Warrants NFL Probe

oh and this is my first post.. Couldn't pass up posting this. I didn't see another thread about this..
    Alot of hot air in my opinion. Great first post.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast