Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassel traded to the Chiefs

Default Cassel traded to the Chiefs

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs complete trade for Cassel «

Update:
    Chiefs get Vrabel and Cassel in exchange for the Chiefs 2009 2nd rd(34th) pick.
    Last edited by Coach; 02-28-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: added update.

Post ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Matt Cassell and Mike Vrabel traded to Chiefs for 2nd round

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Kansas City Chiefs have acquired quarterback Matt Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel from the New England Patriots in a trade for their second-round draft pick.Cassel had been the backup in New England when Tom Brady, a two-time Super Bowl MVP, was injured minutes into last season's opener. Cassel hadn't started a game since high school but helped lead the Patriots to an 11-5 record. It wasn't, however, good enough for a playoff berth. Brady has suffered setbacks in his return from a torn ligaments in his knee, including a second operation to fight an...

More...

Now , I say we trade LJ to Cinci for T.J. H______zada(lol). Then sign Derrick Brooks also to work with Curry.

I think the Pats liked the deal sicne the Chiefs 2nd rounder is basically a conditional first round pick in theory, but being able to upgrade at both LB/QB instantly improves the offense.

Im still not sold on Cassel nor am I a Thigpen fan but I will give Cassel this, that I believe he is a better QB. He has all the mechanics and physical talent that most peolpe loved in Thigpen but with an added bonus he has better arm strength and accuracy coming out of the gate.

Only time will tell.

But with this trade the speculation on the Chiefs 1st pick in the draft has to consider a wider array of players beside Curry or an LT which is a good thing. A Raji to complement the defense on day one would be good or a Left tackle would be ideal to help solidify the defensive line.

I think we have to wait and see what else happens in FA before we can get any definitive solution to a good #3. If he picks up a Jahri Evans (G, New Orleans) or some other FA;s then this would the greatest FA for the Chiefs in a long time

Well done Pioli lets see what else you have up your sleeve.

Cassell and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick? Sounds fair enough.

See ya later, Huard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighurt27 View Post
    Bernard Pollard made this all happen. Way to go Pioli.

Thanks Bernard! That hit impacted the Patriots and Chiefs in ways nobody ever thought possible.

is it JUST a second rounder, or is it our second rounder (this year) and then another pick the following year depending on Cassel's performance (so if he does good, our first rounder next year is gone to the Pats...)....??? i thought they franchised Cassel??

Quote Originally Posted by Bighurt27 View Post
    Since Cassel is a former Patriot, we're actually gonna get more than 8 second clips on Sports Center now.
    We do get the clips with Haynesworth

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    is it JUST a second rounder, or is it our second rounder (this year) and then another pick the following year depending on Cassel's performance (so if he does good, our first rounder next year is gone to the Pats...)....???
    Its the second rounder this year (34th pick overall)

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    I think the Pats liked the deal sicne the Chiefs 2nd rounder is basically a conditional first round pick in theory, but being able to upgrade at both LB/QB instantly improves the offense.

Im still not sold on Cassel nor am I a Thigpen fan but I will give Cassel this, that I believe he is a better QB. He has all the mechanics and physical talent that most peolpe loved in Thigpen but with an added bonus he has better arm strength and accuracy coming out of the gate.

Only time will tell.

But with this trade the speculation on the Chiefs 1st pick in the draft has to consider a wider array of players beside Curry or an LT which is a good thing. A Raji to complement the defense on day one would be good or a Left tackle would be ideal to help solidify the defensive line.

I think we have to wait and see what else happens in FA before we can get any definitive solution to a good #3. If he picks up a Jahri Evans (G, New Orleans) or some other FA;s then this would the greatest FA for the Chiefs in a long time

Well done Pioli lets see what else you have up your sleeve.
    Jahri Evans was tendered by the Saints. We would have to give up a 1st and 3rd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    is it JUST a second rounder, or is it our second rounder (this year) and then another pick the following year depending on Cassel's performance (so if he does good, our first rounder next year is gone to the Pats...)....??? i thought they franchised Cassel??
    They did franchise them, but once he is franchised, the Pats can do what they want for him. They can trade a franchised player for whatever they feel is worthwhile.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast