Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassel traded to the Chiefs

Default Cassel traded to the Chiefs

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs complete trade for Cassel «

Update:
    Chiefs get Vrabel and Cassel in exchange for the Chiefs 2009 2nd rd(34th) pick.
    Last edited by Coach; 02-28-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: added update.

When I first heard of this a couple hours ago I was pretty ticked because I thought the Chiefs had to of given up the 1st pick as well as some later or future picks. But getting Cassel and Vrable for a second rounder only is highway robbery, almost unbeleivable. So this just confirms my faith that Pioli is going to turn the Chiefs into a Championship team. The one downer on this is, I did believe Thigpen had earned the right to start this year. But in the end it's about the team, not one player. Plus it sure dosen't hurt to have 2 capable QB's. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Are we still celebrating?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I'm extremely curious what we gave up. Swap 1sts and a 3rd? A 2nd this year and a 1st in 2010? Our 1st this year?

EDIT: And there's no way we pick Curry at 3 now. We're either getting Raji or getting Cassel a LTOTF.
    I think I heard that we are giving our second round draft pick and one next year depending on performance. Don't think that is a steep price to pay for a QB that's ready to start right away. I wonder how many more Patriots are gonna be lured this way before it's all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    yep, this could either be a great trade or a bad trade depending on whether we get to keep the #3.

Actually I bet we swapped 1st rounders and gave them 1 or 2 later round picks. If we end up with Alex Mack with a late 1st rounder, it wouldn't be terrible I suppose.

Kind of curious because what player at #3 would the Pats be chasing? Curry perhaps.
    I think this was a great trade! We finally have a star QB!

This pickup irritates me a lil giving up just a second rounder is great but how does this hurt our cap room for more FA. I would really hate to see Thigpen and Cassel go into camp and to know a qb making 15+ million for that year is riding a bench while our much cheaper QB is in the game. There is a QB contraversy in KC and since Thigpen lead our system last year it is his job to lose and lose it honestly. Competition is good one of these two QB's will show they are better. Thigpen really impressed me last season. Cassell impressed me also, but my hat at the moment tips a lil further to Thigpen. From a personal perspective I would like to see thigpen win the battle but form a financial standpoint I hope Cassell will. time will tell. It is a great second round pick up though.

This was a heck of a move in my opinion. We got 2 quality players for just a 2nd rounder. Very nice.

either way I hope its thigpens spot to lose and cassell doesnt get it on merit and money because hes piolis boy I just hope for a real and true compitition

and next year being uncapped is not in stone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xploder View Post
    either way I hope its thigpens spot to lose and cassell doesnt get it on merit and money because hes piolis boy I just hope for a real and true compitition
    Hope all you want, but it isn't happening.

There's no competition next season. Cassel has the starting job, and he'll have to do very, very terrible to lose it.

I step away from my computer for 5 minutes and the entire franchise is completely different when I get back. nice.

I LOVE the trade. I honestly wouldn't have been too horribly against drafting Sanchez if he was still available in the 2nd and we landed Cassel AND Vrabel for our 2nd pick!! OUTSTANDING trade. Trading ONE pick for TWO players is also a big plus.

LOVE IT

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast