Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassel traded to the Chiefs

Default Cassel traded to the Chiefs

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs complete trade for Cassel «

Update:
    Chiefs get Vrabel and Cassel in exchange for the Chiefs 2009 2nd rd(34th) pick.
    Last edited by Coach; 02-28-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: added update.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I step away from my computer for 5 minutes and the entire franchise is completely different when I get back. nice.

I LOVE the trade. I honestly wouldn't have been too horribly against drafting Sanchez if he was still available in the 2nd and we landed Cassel AND Vrabel for our 2nd pick!! OUTSTANDING trade. Trading ONE pick for TWO players is also a big plus.

LOVE IT
    Didn't you say yesterday about Cassel that:

"At least we're not giving up any picks for him."

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Didn't you say yesterday about Cassel that:

"At least we're not giving up any picks for him."
    That was when everyone was thinking he'd require our first and another pick, plus we were already giving up a pick for Vrabel... so, yeah... I was saying that!! And, if we had given up a 1st, 4th, and 6th or so for those two players, I'd be EFFING LIVID!!!!

But two players including a perceived franchise QB for a 2nd rounder is a great trade... for both teams IMO.

That was when everyone was thinking he'd require our first and another pick, plus we were already giving up a pick for Vrabel... so, yeah... I was saying that!! And, if we had given up a 1st, 4th, and 6th or so for those two players, I'd be EFFING LIVID!!!!

But two players including a perceived franchise QB for a 2nd rounder is a great trade... for both teams IMO.
    And haven't you written that you didn't want Cassel, even if he were a FA:

"I wouldn't take Cassell over Thigpen for THIS particular team. Cassell isn't mobile enough to stay alive behind this O-line."

And haven't you written that you didn't want Cassel, even if he were a FA:

"I wouldn't take Cassell over Thigpen for THIS particular team. Cassell isn't mobile enough to stay alive behind this O-line."
    That's still true. He's going to get destroyed behind this line. Nothing has changed. Hopefully, that #3 pick will go to the O-line or we get some help in FA, but that still hasn't changed. I just think we got good value for the 2nd round pick.

I realize you're trying to call me out. You've been posting all this **** about "Herm lovers" and "Haley haters" trying to get me to bite, but you're just being a jackass. Just because I'm not drinking the kool-aid, doesn't mean I hate these guys. Haley is acting like the *** all his ex-players were saying he was and it's driving away players we DESPERATELY need on this team like Brian Waters and making the Chiefs an undesirable place to play for FA's. Maybe that's why all the players we're acquiring are via trade instead of willing signees.

Quote Originally Posted by Xploder View Post
    This pickup irritates me a lil giving up just a second rounder is great but how does this hurt our cap room for more FA. I would really hate to see Thigpen and Cassel go into camp and to know a qb making 15+ million for that year is riding a bench while our much cheaper QB is in the game. There is a QB contraversy in KC and since Thigpen lead our system last year it is his job to lose and lose it honestly. Competition is good one of these two QB's will show they are better. Thigpen really impressed me last season. Cassell impressed me also, but my hat at the moment tips a lil further to Thigpen. From a personal perspective I would like to see thigpen win the battle but form a financial standpoint I hope Cassell will. time will tell. It is a great second round pick up though.

Thigpen ran last years make shift system. Yes, he ran it well, but do you honestly think Haley, whose a offensive mind, is going to go with someone else system? Thigpen is going to have to run whatever Haley/Gailey decide on. Cassel obviously gets the coaches and expecially Pilio's approvel. No way we sign Cassel and have him sit.

We saw first hand why it is imperative to have two quality QB's on your roster with what happened to New England.

That's still true. He's going to get destroyed behind this line. Nothing has changed. Hopefully, that #3 pick will go to the O-line or we get some help in FA, but that still hasn't changed. I just think we got good value for the 2nd round pick.

I realize you're trying to call me out. You've been posting all this **** about "Herm lovers" and "Haley haters" trying to get me to bite, but you're just being a jackass. Just because I'm not drinking the kool-aid, doesn't mean I hate these guys. Haley is acting like the *** all his ex-players were saying he was and it's driving away players we DESPERATELY need on this team like Brian Waters and making the Chiefs an undesirable place to play for FA's. Maybe that's why all the players we're acquiring are via trade instead of willing signees.
    I'm not trying to call you out. I'm just amazed that you can say a couple weeks ago that you didn't want Cassel even if he were a free agent, and could say last night that you were glad we didn't trade any picks to get Cassel, to suddenly turning around and saying that you love the fact that we trade for him.

Who knows what way your opinion will swing next?

I am not saying its bad to have to quality players at any givin position I want the best man who plays that position to get the nod to start not the one who gets the nod because hes closer to the GM. I am not doggin on any player I want an honest compitition and the best man for the job. Screw past pros or negitives with either player I want the best man for his position simple as that. niether has really proven that to me as of yet time will tell and we will see it by the end of pre-season

I'm not trying to call you out. I'm just amazed that you can say a couple weeks ago that you didn't want Cassel even if he were a free agent, and could say last night that you were glad we didn't trade any picks to get Cassel, to suddenly turning around and saying that you love the fact that we trade for him.

Who knows what way your opinion will swing next?
    The only thing that changed was Cassel's perceived value/price. I stand by my statements before. Everyone thought he'd at the very least cost our first round pick. I wasn't interested in that trade. Cassel is still going to get destroyed behind this line. THAT hasn't changed either. What's so confusing?

We got good value. There's nothing contradicting in that statement.

I am glad to have the pick up dont get me wrong. I love the pick up. But it needs to be a fair compitition I dont want to play the in the patriots system I dont want to play in the cardinals system i want to play in a system that is best for the chiefs and a want the best QB for that system.

I know I want and want but i will probably not get what I want but I really am tired of heatring pioli talk about the patriot system when is he going to learn we are the chiefs.

The only thing that changed was Cassel's perceived value/price. I stand by my statements before. Everyone thought he'd at the very least cost our first round pick. I wasn't interested in that trade. Cassel is still going to get destroyed behind this line. THAT hasn't changed either. What's so confusing?

We got good value. There's nothing contradicting in that statement.
    No. You said before, pretty much every time Cassel was brought up, that you didn't even want Cassel, even if he were a FA, because you though he'd cost too much in salary. I can bump the thread if you want it.

I just find it funny that you constantly mocked other people's talent evaluations, and here you are reversing yourself again on another player.