Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassel traded to the Chiefs

Default Cassel traded to the Chiefs

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs complete trade for Cassel «

Update:
    Chiefs get Vrabel and Cassel in exchange for the Chiefs 2009 2nd rd(34th) pick.
    Last edited by Coach; 02-28-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: added update.

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I think we need and to keep Thig as our backup! He deserves it and I am selfish. I think he did a great job, even though we did not win... we started with a failed line and a couple glass QB's - motivation was lost and what Thig did do for the team was his best. I believe he will be a great QB someday with the right team and hope all the best for him.
    I would like to keep him also, but in this business if the value is there, say we get back a 2nd pick for him(probably will not happen, but who knows-some think Haynesworth is worth a Million!) we still need o-line men to protect the new guy. He's used to a better caliber line than what we have right now.

I LOVE IT!! It's refreshing to see a management team take some positive steps forward and makes some moves that can really make a difference, instead of the past routine of watching all these other teams get the free agents with potential while we just try to make do with what we have. I was in a wait and see mode with the change of ownership and GM to see if it was going to be another chapter of Lamar and Carl, but I must say that I'm impressed that Clark and Pioli are not only willing to step out and make some moves early in free agency, but that also make moves that make sense and has the potential to make us competitive in a hurry and for a long time to come. It certainly indicates to me that they GET IT and are willing to take steps to produce a team that us long time dedicated fans deserve. Kudos Clark and Scott!! :bananen_smilies008::character0078::character00238 :
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I would like to keep him also, but in this business if the value is there, say we get back a 2nd pick for him(probably will not happen, but who knows-some think Haynesworth is worth a Million!) we still need o-line men to protect the new guy. He's used to a better caliber line than what we have right now.
    I agree... Thig had a way of getting thiggy with it and stepping out of the pocket when the protection was not there... Not sure if Cassel (because I never followed him) can do the same. Which will mean we need to protect him like he doesn't step out.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    The trade was Cassell and Vrabel to Chiefs , 1 second round 34th pick over al for them goes to Pats. Nothing more period. No conditionals or anything we have them on our roster and owe nothing paid in frackin full baby w00t!
    my bad, I thought I had read a conditional next year. yes that's even better

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    He was actually sacked 47 times (48 times for the Pats total allowed counting Brady's game ender). Compared to Thigpen who was sacked 26 times (Plus the 11 on Huard and Croyle adds to 37 for the Chiefs) our lines were comparable in terms of badness.

Thipen rushed 62 times for 380 yards while Cassel rushed 72 times for 270 yards. The per avg. is down on Cassel but then again Thigpen was a RB/WR/PR in High School before converting QB at Costal Carolina so I'd expect his totals to be higher.

Never the less, Cassel is as mobile as Thigpen is so he should do just fine in KC.

47 times!:character00265:

That almost seems unreal that we did better in that category than the Pats did yet they had 11 wins......
    Pats had the 10th overall best defense in the NFL at the end of the Regular season

Chiefs were 31st

:(

Defense wins Championships ;) .
    Preaching to the choir

In the highlights of Matt NFL Network was showing how he goes through the steps of making sure that he has no options open to him before he makes the decision to take off and he actually reminded me of Young of the 49ers when he did it. He checked off on his first option then over the middle and to the right to his last then had a alley way in front of him that he decided was the right thing to take and scored a TD off the play. If he can make those type of game time decisions consistantly then we have something here.
    Sorry to say but Thipen would sometimes think run before he would actually go through the options or maybe just didn't get the time to do the proper motions as our O-Line was not performing up to standard.
    Thig is young though and if we are smart... we would keep him as a backup and turn him into our future star QB. He does have the ability to scan the options and I think we seen that. Imagine what he can do with more experience and a D line.

You do mean Oline I hope? At any rate I am all about getting what is best for the team, if Pioli and Haley think he is a good back up to our future Franchise QB Matt Cassell then so be it but if they can get something we need now as a starter or draft picks in the first round or early second I would be happy there as well. Which ever is best for the team as a whole.
    Yep! Typo... I meant Offensive Line. Thanks!