Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassel traded to the Chiefs

Default Cassel traded to the Chiefs

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs complete trade for Cassel «

Update:
    Chiefs get Vrabel and Cassel in exchange for the Chiefs 2009 2nd rd(34th) pick.
    Last edited by Coach; 02-28-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: added update.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    This isn't a done deal yet fellas...
    Per Peter King it is. We traded our 2nd round pick for Vrabel and Cassel.

Great trade.

Out 1st rounder is going to have to be Raji or LT, I think.

And don't count out a Tony G./LJ/Waters trade for extra picks either.

Here's some Cassel tape from last season. Conclusions:

- He's very accurate on the run
    - He can definitely throw accurately downfield as well
    - Doesn't have the strongest arm, but seems above average
    - Very mobile

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ctvPzDMfp0"]YouTube - Matt Cassel 2008 Tribute[/ame]

http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/arch...or-cassel.html

SECOND-ROUND PICK FOR CASSEL

Posted by Mike Florio: Saturday, February 28, 2009 1:34 PM

I previously was convinced that the Patriots wouldn't be able to work out a trade sending quarterback Matt Cassel to the Chiefs because I believed that new Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli and his former colleagues in New England feared the perception that one side got snookered.

There was no such fear, but it won't change the perception that one side got snookered.

Peter King of SI.com (who also does some work for NBC, and pretty much every other media company on the planet) reports that the Chiefs gave up only a second-round draft pick for Cassel.

Wow.

A second-round pick, for a guy who merited a $14.65 million, one-year contract based on his play in 2008.

Let's consider that for a second. Daunte Culpepper with blown-out knee was traded for a second-round pick. A.J. Feeley was traded for a second-round pick.

So, with all due apologies to the Patriots, the current score is Pioli 1, Pats 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    I dont see any way around it... we lost our 1st pick. I really wanted Curry too.

But hey, we got good depth at QB (if this is finalized).
    Do you get tired of being wrong all the time?

Quit being so negative. These are good times to be a Chiefs fan.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/arch...d-in-cass.html

No. 3 Pick Not Involved in Cassel Deal

Posted by Tom Curran: Saturday, February 28, 2009 1:21 PM

Turn my back for just a second and look what happens in here. Anyway, interrupting the PFT Invasion, I wanted to drop a nugget of info on the Cassel to KC deal. The Chiefs first round pick (No. 3 overall) is not part of this deal.
    I'll have a more fleshed out story up on the site shortly.
    Florio, back to you. Don't you people use coasters?!
    That could be good or bad news. I'm sure we gave up a lot. You don't just get Cassell and Vrabel for a 2010 1st rounder. I've got a feeling Gonzalez is part of this deal. And it might be a great thing for TG.

Funny, we went from having no QB's at the beginning of the season last year(IMO Croyle was never the answer), to now having 2 that could be really good.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Per Peter King it is. We traded our 2nd round pick for Vrabel and Cassel.

Great trade.

Out 1st rounder is going to have to be Raji or LT, I think.

And don't count out a Tony G./LJ/Waters trade for extra picks either.
    If this is true, then I'm thrilled. Running through the mock drafts, I wasn't really seeing players we needed around our 2nd selection, especially for a 3-4. Loadholt might have been nice, but I'm skeptical that he'll be able to block speed rushers in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    That could be good or bad news. I'm sure we gave up a lot. You don't just get Cassell and Vrabel for a 2010 1st rounder. I've got a feeling Gonzalez is part of this deal. And it might be a great thing for TG.

Funny, we went from having no QB's at the beginning of the season last year(IMO Croyle was never the answer), to now having 2 that could be really good.
    Nope. We got both for our 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/arch...or-cassel.html

SECOND-ROUND PICK FOR CASSEL

Posted by Mike Florio: Saturday, February 28, 2009 1:34 PM

I previously was convinced that the Patriots wouldn't be able to work out a trade sending quarterback Matt Cassel to the Chiefs because I believed that new Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli and his former colleagues in New England feared the perception that one side got snookered.

There was no such fear, but it won't change the perception that one side got snookered.

Peter King of SI.com (who also does some work for NBC, and pretty much every other media company on the planet) reports that the Chiefs gave up only a second-round draft pick for Cassel.

Wow.

A second-round pick, for a guy who merited a $14.65 million, one-year contract based on his play in 2008.

Let's consider that for a second. Daunte Culpepper with blown-out knee was traded for a second-round pick. A.J. Feeley was traded for a second-round pick.

So, with all due apologies to the Patriots, the current score is Pioli 1, Pats 0.
    Don't get ahead of yourself hotshot. We don't know the details yet. Vrabel was also involved in this deal. This smells like a Tony Gonzalez trade to me.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    If this is true, then I'm thrilled. Running through the mock drafts, I wasn't really seeing players we needed, especially for a 3-4. Loadholt might have been nice, but I'm skeptical that he'll be able to block speed rushers in the NFL.
    I have a feeling Pioli isn't finished wheeling and dealing yet. Normally, I think its nuts even to suggest that we trade down from 3 to get extra picks. But Pioli is on a roll right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Don't get ahead of yourself hotshot. We don't know the details yet. Vrabel was also involved in this deal. This smells like a Tony Gonzalez trade to me.
    Nope. Pioli: 1. Haters on this board: -8.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast