Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassel traded to the Chiefs

Default Cassel traded to the Chiefs

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs complete trade for Cassel «

Update:
    Chiefs get Vrabel and Cassel in exchange for the Chiefs 2009 2nd rd(34th) pick.
    Last edited by Coach; 02-28-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: added update.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    No. You said before, pretty much every time Cassel was brought up, that you didn't even want Cassel, even if he were a FA, because you though he'd cost too much in salary. I can bump the thread if you want it.

I just find it funny that you constantly mocked other people's talent evaluations, and here you are reversing yourself again on another player.
    Dang JM let it go...

Can a guy not change his outlook a lil....

Your so defensive and ready to slam every lil word someone says.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Dang JM let it go...

Can a guy not change his outlook a lil....

Your so defensive and ready to slam every lil word someone says.
    texaschief's unrelenting threadjacking criticisms turned me into the monster I am now. I felt the need to reciprocate.

And you can't tell me he doesn't deserve it. He wanted to keep Herm. HERM!

Quote Originally Posted by billb40 View Post
    This is the best move made by the Chiefs in 10 years.
    Id point to he Roaf or Green deals, myself. But the fruits of this deal have yet to be determined.

I don't love this trade right now. Because we didn't need a Qb.

However, it does look like we got a reasonable price on the deal.

I will miss the second round pick, unless another deal manages to replace it. And the O-line is currently in horrible shape and appears to be getting ignored again.

But that too has yet to be determined. Free agency is still fresh and the draft is still on the horizon. So there are still plenty of opportunities for us to wind-up addressing it.

Right now, the thing that bothers me is that we have lost one of our best opportunities to fill an empty starting spot, and essentially gotten a backup QB. (Thigpen will be demoted to back-up)

Basically, I am torn. I think we got a good deal. But I feel like we have sacrificed the positions of obvious need, for depth at another position.

I bet a combination of LJ/Waters/Tony nets us at least another 2nd rounder.

Raji - 1st
    OL - 2nd
    LB - 3rd
    Well, if Waters is part of the trade you may want to consider:
    OL - 1st
    OL - 2nd
    OL - 3rd
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Well, if Waters is part of the trade you may want to consider:
    OL - 1st
    OL - 2nd
    OL - 3rd
    Ha. True, but I think Pioli goes Raji or Curry at 3 no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Id point to he Roaf or Green deals, myself. But the fruits of this deal have yet to be determined.

I don't love this trade right now. Because we didn't need a Qb.

However, it does look like we got a reasonable price on the deal.

I will miss the second round pick, unless another deal manages to replace it. And the O-line is currently in horrible shape and appears to be getting ignored again.

But that too has yet to be determined. Free agency is still fresh and the draft is still on the horizon. So there are still plenty of opportunities for us to wind-up addressing it.

Right now, the thing that bothers me is that we have lost one of our best opportunities to fill an empty starting spot, and essentially gotten a backup QB. (Thigpen will be demoted to back-up)

Basically, I am torn. I think we got a good deal. But I feel like we have sacrificed the positions of obvious need, for depth at another position.
    Well, we did get a starting LB out of the trade too, which is the most we could have hoped for out the 2nd rounder, right?

Well, we did get a starting LB out of the trade too, which is the most we could have hoped for out the 2nd rounder, right?
    Yeah. We got a good price. But I don't think we needed LBs either.

Vraebel has the approximate value of a 6th rounder IMO. So it really doesn't factor in much to me.

I GOT IT!!!

Since the Bucs and Lions where trying to get a deal done for 1st rounders!!!

Lets turn around and trade Cassel to The Lions for there 1st pick overall?????

MAN how funny would that be? I would LOVE to be a Pats fan if that happened OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah. We got a good price. But I don't think we needed LBs either.

Vraebel has the approximate value of a 6th rounder IMO. So it really doesn't factor in much to me.
    We didn't need LBs?! Are we going to go to a 3-1-7 for our defense next season?!

No 2nd round draft pick would play as good as Vrabel next season. He's one of the best 3-4 LBs in the league.

All of a sudden, we look like an 8-8 team. If the rest of FA and draft goes as well, a playoff berth isn't that crazy of a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    I GOT IT!!!

Since the Bucs and Lions where trying to get a deal done for 1st rounders!!!

Lets turn around and trade Cassel to The Lions for there 1st pick overall?????

MAN how funny would that be? I would LOVE to be a Pats fan if that happened OUCH!
    I doubt The Pats shot down the Lions' 1st round pick, for our second round pick.

We didn't need LBs?! Are we going to go to a 3-1-7 for our defense next season?!

No 2nd round draft pick would play as good as Vrabel next season. He's one of the best 3-4 LBs in the league.

All of a sudden, we look like an 8-8 team. If the rest of FA and draft goes as well, a playoff berth isn't that crazy of a dream.
    I think Edwards, Thomas, DJ and Williams would have been fine with improved D-line play and the system change.

You somehow are seeing an 8-8 team. But I see a 2-14 team still.

We have gaping holes on both lines. And we are adding a QB and a LB? That makes us an 8-8 team?

Not yet.