Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassel traded to the Chiefs

Default Cassel traded to the Chiefs

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs complete trade for Cassel «

Update:
    Chiefs get Vrabel and Cassel in exchange for the Chiefs 2009 2nd rd(34th) pick.
    Last edited by Coach; 02-28-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: added update.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Quote=coach..
    One of the few players today that I'm glad the Chiefs didn't get.Quote

Still glad we "didnt get cassel"???
    I am kinda mixed about it. I like Thig and feel bad for him.
    I didn't want Cassell because of the price tag. We got him on the cheap. As I said to the last person who pointed out this post. There are plenty of players that I wouldn't want us to trade for....Unless the price was right. In this case it was IMO.

After being gone on a family weekend function, I did hear about the trade, but not the details. Log on to the Crowd and have a record amount of unread post! My computer lets me read thru 300 of them before it, or the site overloads. Can not get back on, for what ever reasons, lost about 600+ unread posts, skipping thru and trying to catch up, I think I can now comment on this.
    It was a good trade deal, because I can now believe that we are not going to draft a QB in the early rounds of this draft! Plus we got a LB that may lead our Defense. I do not like the loss of that 2 RD pick, I hope it is worth it, I am not big yet on Cassel, because he really is as unproven as Thig, he had a better foundation to win than, Thig had last year. Time will tell, Let us all hope it is winning times.

Quote Originally Posted by djlewis0714 View Post
    How do we really know if this cassel guy is gonna be good??? and we basically gave up donnie edwards for mike vrabel, donnie is 2 times faster then him, all vrabel can do is blitz and then play tight end sometimes I really think we have a lot of wholes to fill still on both sides of the line and need some linebackers I hope a lot more is done in free agency
    This is the million dollar question. In reality we have no way of knowing with any player you trade for, draft, or sign in FA if they will pan out like we hope they do.

Some people expected greatness from the likes of Surtain, Edwards, and Croyle and we were left with nothing more then a tarnished reputation and back to back failure's of a season. WE expected greatness from Ryan Simms and were rewarded with nothing.

When we pick up players either guys like Cassel or drafted rookies there is a caluclated risk in the decision that is being weighed by the guy in charge (Pioli). We as fans can only go by the track record of success for both Pioli and Cassel and hope it translates into wins for the Kansas City Chiefs.

And, once more, we will do more in free agency. We already made one off the bigger moves this off season with our block buster trade. Expect the Chiefs to tackle the free agency methodically and not rush for the highest dollar players avalible. There are still some quality players on the market without a home. Remember Free Agency lasts months, not days.

As this is my first post, I just want to say hello to all my fellow Chiefs fans before anything. I am so thankful to have found this site, having been born and raised in Overland Park and now living in New York City where its nothing but Giants this and Yankees that. Hello all, I am so glad to be here.

The fact that we got this trade done for a second round pick is so unbelievable, it almost stinks of blackmail. Maybe Pioli in his Godfather type way of doing things forced the Patriots hand by knowing the Patriots darkest secrets? (The least of them being illegal filming of teams practices I am sure:) Wasn't Denver ready to trade Cutler? Didn't the Patriots want TWO first round picks? To reference the movie, Mo Green was shot in the eye because he woudn't be bought out...(just a joke and radical idea) I am just so happy.

Hello again all, I am a future regular on the site.
    GO CHIEFS!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    As this is my first post, I just want to say hello to all my fellow Chiefs fans before anything. I am so thankful to have found this site, having been born and raised in Overland Park and now living in New York City where its nothing but Giants this and Yankees that. Hello all, I am so glad to be here.

The fact that we got this trade done for a second round pick is so unbelievable, it almost stinks of blackmail. Maybe Pioli in his Godfather type way of doing things forced the Patriots hand by knowing the Patriots darkest secrets? (The least of them being illegal filming of teams practices I am sure:) Wasn't Denver ready to trade Cutler? Didn't the Patriots want TWO first round picks? To reference the movie, Mo Green was shot in the eye because he woudn't be bought out...(just a joke and radical idea) I am just so happy.

Hello again all, I am a future regular on the site.
    GO CHIEFS!
    kcinnyc

It is nice to see that big changes are being made in KC. All of these moves are for the positive - getting rid of Herm and Peterson and now moving on picking up players that can help us win. Cassel did a great job filling in for Brady - hopefully he can continue having success and make the Chiefs a playoff team. I can't believe they only had to give up a 2nd round pick for Cassel and Vrabel - what a deal! Can't wait for 09 to start and see how much better they are.
    www.AAASportsMemorabilia.com
    Home of Great Sports Memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I am thinking of doing a new season on Madden and making the roster changes to make up our team we have now on it. Maybe it will tell me just how good or bad we really are ?:band::band23::bananen_smilies083::bananen_smilie s054::satana:
    I put Cassel on the Chiefs and was doing some offensive practice against the Broncos with him. He is rated an 85 after the latest roster updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I didn't want Cassell because of the price tag. We got him on the cheap. As I said to the last person who pointed out this post. There are plenty of players that I wouldn't want us to trade for....Unless the price was right. In this case it was IMO.

I agree for the price tag it's worth a shot and saving #3 pick for something we need.

I see your point. I thought our defensive backs have done a decent job. The problem i thought we had was we gave the QB way to much time to thow the ball. Now we have a Linebacker that can really penetrate. We need someone who can penetrate on the outside. Either way we are looking better than the last few years already. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Ok, if we traded TG to the patriots, he couldn't of gone to a better team since I already love them.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>