Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassel traded to the Chiefs

Default Cassel traded to the Chiefs

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs complete trade for Cassel «

Update:
    Chiefs get Vrabel and Cassel in exchange for the Chiefs 2009 2nd rd(34th) pick.
    Last edited by Coach; 02-28-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: added update.

Hey this is all I need to say, we got Cassel and Vabrel and we pretty much gave up nothing, obviously these new coaches are pretty much telling Herm Edwards, getting players that nobody knows doesn't win games, getting players that actually know what they are doing is trying to win.

Oh come on like anybody actually thought that Herm Edwards was trying to win last year, seriously, before the Chiefs signed them did any one here really know any of the players names beforehand, of course not, I didn't neither, Herm Edwards was always for giving the little guy a shot, come on Herm, this isn't a charity case here, this is the NFL where if you don't get your name out there, you shouldn't even be allowed to try out, Herm only felt this way because he too was undrafted and unknown, well I got to say this to you Herm, who the hell cares what you did in the past with the Eagles, this isn't the eages this is the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS baby, and don't you ever try and take that away from us ever again

I think we are moving in the right direction. Now that we got a QB with winning experience, We need to look towards a DE and O Line.If you don't get pass protection you won't score. With out pass rushing you can't stop ball movement.

Default The QB position Cassel vs Thigpen

I believe we have two good QBs however, I think neither of them will shine for the fact we do not have a offensive line also explaining the reason for no production from our HBs. After viewing all the tape on the Chiefs. The problem is not the QB, you have to be able to give any pro level QB at least 4-5 seconds to make a decision. So that is less than a 1 second read on a 5 wide out spread look.. can you do that or can you ask any pro level QB to do that...fat chance. Well I guess you can if you use the wopping 5 seconds that the Chiefs O-line gives ya on one receiver and that is called a 1 receiver lock to Tony or Bowe, about the best we have, for which if I am a defensive player I have a easy interception cause I know where he is going to throw in less than 5 seconds, Therefore I am the intercepted QB who will untimately get the blame resulting in a poor QB rating and a new job. Goodness people, We get ourselves wrapped around QBs..give me a O-line and then I can QB. I apologize for being long winded. I analize like a coach. The BIG picture.

Longtime Patriots season ticket holder.

The Chiefs hosed us. Vrabel has little left and would have been cut IMO, but cassel is the real deal. He is smart, accurate, and a very good athlete.

The Chiefs are now a major threat in that division. Cassel might be the best a QB in that division. I expect a probowl season out of him, although they need a upgrAde in speed at wr. Congrats Chiefs fans

Quote Originally Posted by Mvbigtuna View Post

The Chiefs hosed us. Vrabel has little left and would have been cut IMO, but cassel is the real deal. He is smart, accurate, and a very good athlete.

The Chiefs are now a major threat in that division. Cassel might be the best a QB in that division. I expect a probowl season out of him, although they need a upgrAde in speed at wr. Congrats Chiefs fans
    I think most are hoping that Vrabel will help out our young guys with the transition to a 3-4!!

I hope Cassel can lead us outta the basement. He has looked pretty goodfrom what I have seen from him. I will go for any guy who beat up on the fubbalo bills twice a year!!

to the Crowd!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Default Did I miss my B-Day?

What a move... I cannot wait till we draft..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Lets hope we still draft Chase Patton in the 7th and turn him into the next Cassel and end up trading him for a 2nd rounder hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Mvbigtuna View Post

I still love the guy, but we could send Thigs to the Cardinals in exchange for Boldin, sounds like Warner won't be around much longer! Just need a little Pioli magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    I still love the guy, but we could send Thigs to the Cardinals in exchange for Boldin, sounds like Warner won't be around much longer! Just need a little Pioli magic.
    I think the last thing Anquan wants is to come back to Haley and be a Chief.

He's not worth the $10million he's asking for anyways.

I agreed with u. I think there is nothing wrong with the quarterback we have now. Thats the reason why we had to go to the spread offense cause we couldn't protect the qb. If we don't get a o-line then Matt is going to have a hard way to go