Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So . . . you Pioli/Haley haters look pretty dumb right now

Default So . . . you Pioli/Haley haters look pretty dumb right now

In the first day of FA, the Chiefs have managed to get a field marshal for their defense and their QBOTF - all for a 2nd round pick.

I know, I know. You were all heavily invested in loving Herm. I know that you wanted youth instead of talent.

It's unfortunate that our bandwagon will be big enough for you when we start winning games in 2009.

A 2nd rounder for MV to train our LB's of the future which we still need to complete is so worth the pick in itself that I am lovin this deal .

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    In the first day of FA, the Chiefs have managed to get a field marshal for their defense and their QBOTF - all for a 2nd round pick.

I know, I know. You were all heavily invested in loving Herm. I know that you wanted youth instead of talent.

It's unfortunate that our bandwagon will be big enough for you when we start winning games in 2009.
    Who is all this directed at? I did not see a lot of support for Herm or CP around here. Or is this just an attempt to make it sound like you were the only one who wanted them out and Pioli/haley in?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Just got home from work to find JM throwing me and Tex under the bus like usual. Thats OK JM, Im all about Pioli. I have said some outstanding things about him and Im cool with whatever he wants to do. The fact that I, or anybody else, thought that Herm was leading us in the right direction is irrelevant right now. As far as "us" jumping on the bandwagon... please. We are all Chiefs fans. We all fought, cried, smiled and argued through a 2-14 season. I think we are all on this bandwagon together my friend.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Just got home from work to find JM throwing me and Tex under the bus like usual. Thats OK JM, Im all about Pioli. I have said some outstanding things about him and Im cool with whatever he wants to do. The fact that I, or anybody else, thought that Herm was leading us in the right direction is irrelevant right now. As far as "us" jumping on the bandwagon... please. We are all Chiefs fans. We all fought, cried, smiled and argued through a 2-14 season. I think we are all on this bandwagon together my friend.
    I didn't write about you at all. In fact, I forgot you even existed.

I did throw texaschief under the bus, sure. But he earned that.

I didn't write about you at all. In fact, I forgot you even existed.

I did throw texaschief under the bus, sure. But he earned that.
    I thought you threw a fit when we hired Haley? It was super stupid, in my opinion, to give up a high second round pick for Cassel when he didn't do much better than Thigy who had a horrible line.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I thought you threw a fit when we hired Haley? It was super stupid, in my opinion, to give up a high second round pick for Cassel when he didn't do much better than Thigy who had a horrible line.
    Uh, no. I didn't throw a fit when we hired Haley. I think you're confusing me with someone else.

I understand the argument against Cassel and for Thigpen. But you have to admit, getting both him and Vrabel for a 2nd was a steal.

I'm not so sure about the value of this trade. And for the record, I have fully supported Pioli and Haley and detested Herm.

Cassell had ONE good season. ONE. Now if he had at least two seasons like the ONE he just had, I'd be a little more excited. I'm not saying he will be a bust, but I'm also not saying he's the next Tom Brady or Payton Manning or even our next QB of the future. I can't label any guy the next QB of the future based on ONE season's performance. Thigpen and Cassell were pretty darn similar this season. Both share common traits. Both are young and have a bunch of seasons left in them. Cassell also had a tremendous supporting cast of players at his disposal. I hope he is everything everyone hopes he is, because if he isn't we just burned up a very valuable second round pick. Only time will tell.

Mike Vrabel? Hmm. The guy was really good last year. Many here have touted he'll be a mentor to the young guys. He has tremoundous experience. Sound familiar? The same things were said of Donnie edwards when he came back. That didn't work out so hot. Vrabel is going to be 35 years old when the season starts. Guys in their mid-30's, who play defense, don't last long.

So I said my peace, flame away.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I'm not so sure about the value of this trade. And for the record, I have fully supported Pioli and Haley and detested Herm.

Cassell had ONE good season. ONE. Now if he had at least two seasons like the ONE he just had, I'd be a little more excited. I'm not saying he will be a bust, but I'm also not saying he's the next Tom Brady or Payton Manning or even our next QB of the future. I can't label any guy the next QB of the future based on ONE season's performance. Thigpen and Cassell were pretty darn similar this season. Both share common traits. Both are young and have a bunch of seasons left in them. Cassell also had a tremendous supporting cast of players at his disposal. I hope he is everything everyone hopes he is, because if he isn't we just burned up a very valuable second round pick. Only time will tell.

Mike Vrabel? Hmm. The guy was really good last year. Many here have touted he'll be a mentor to the young guys. He has tremoundous experience. Sound familiar? The same things were said of Donnie edwards when he came back. That didn't work out so hot. Vrabel is going to be 35 years old when the season starts. Guys in their mid-30's, who play defense, don't last long.

I see your point. I wasn't writing about those people who hate this trade. Only those who said that they hope Haley is only a stop-gap, or who said that Pioli was already a failure.

Because love or hate the trade (and I love it), we got excellent value. And we signaled to the fan base and to the team that we are embracing a new culture of winning.

EDIT: Vrabel will be 33 when the season begins (I think). He's there to mentor the young guys and to be our defensive captain and field marshal. Is he a long term solution - no. But we need a guy like him who knows how to play the 3-4 in the NFL, and he's among the best.

Uh, no. I didn't throw a fit when we hired Haley. I think you're confusing me with someone else.

I understand the argument against Cassel and for Thigpen. But you have to admit, getting both him and Vrabel for a 2nd was a steal.
    It depends, to me, how much we're going to have to pay Cassel.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post

Cassel had one good season. That is one more good NFL season than any of the other QB's the Chiefs would have been tempted to take with the #3 pick. Now we keep the #3 pick and we have a QB that has proven that he can win at the next level. Throw the 3-4 leadership that Vrabel brings to the table and this deal is a good one. A real good one.

I get the argument that we traded a 2nd rd pick for depth at QB instead of filling a need. But getting some depth at QB was a team need anyhow. This presented better value than gambling on an unproven college player.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast