Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: So . . . you Pioli/Haley haters look pretty dumb right now

Default So . . . you Pioli/Haley haters look pretty dumb right now

In the first day of FA, the Chiefs have managed to get a field marshal for their defense and their QBOTF - all for a 2nd round pick.

I know, I know. You were all heavily invested in loving Herm. I know that you wanted youth instead of talent.

It's unfortunate that our bandwagon will be big enough for you when we start winning games in 2009.

I am a supporter of Pioli and Haley.

After these moves, I am starting to become skeptical.

I will wait to hold my judgement though. In my opinion Vrabel is old and washed up. Cassel is a product of outstanding support in the players around him. There has to be drastic improvement along the offensive line before I get giddie...

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

I will wait to hold my judgement though. In my opinion Vrabel is old and washed up. Cassel is a product of outstanding support in the players around him. There has to be drastic improvement along the offensive line before I get giddie...
    I also think that Pioli and Haley are great choices. And so was Cassel and vrabel. The next few years are going to best the best we've seen in a while!

Hmmmm. Please pass along some of that lebanese blond you must be currently enjoying...
    SHUT IT

Agreed.

Cassel played very well on an awesome team. How will he do on a 2-14 team?

We started this off-season needing o-linemen and a DE. We have lost the 34th pick and still need those same things.

It worries me that the Pats allowed 21 Sacks in '07, with Brady at the helm. But allowed 48 Sacks in '08, with Cassel at the helm.

If he got sacked 48 times behind that o-line, how many times is he gonna get sacked behind what we have?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

If he got sacked 48 times behind that o-line, how many times is he gonna get sacked behind what we have?
    Chiefs O-Line allowed 37 sacks in 2008 and went 1-9 with Tigpen

Pats O-Line allowed 48 sacks in 2008 and went 11-5 with Cassel

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Chiefs O-Line allowed 37 sacks in 2008 and went 1-9 with Tigpen

Pats O-Line allowed 48 sacks in 2008 and went 11-5 with Cassel
    Thigpen actually got sacked less often with our offensive line, than anyone else had been doing for more than a year. That says something to me.

Cassel took a top-notch pass protection group (5th best in the league in '07) and managed to get sacked more than twice as much as Brady did the previous season. (5th most Sacks in '08)

It suggests to me that Cassel needs extra time in the pocket, and Thigpen works it out quicker.

While, I have stated that I think Cassel is the better QB. I don't know that he will be able to perform with our current O-line.

Thigpen actually got sacked less often with our offensive line, than anyone else had been doing for more than a year. That says something to me.

Cassel took a top-notch pass protection group (5th best in the league in '07) and managed to get sacked more than twice as much as Brady did the previous season. (5th most Sacks in '08)

It suggests to me that Cassel needs extra time in the pocket, and Thigpen works it out quicker.

While, I have stated that I think Cassel is the better QB. I don't know that he will be able to perform with our current O-line.
    Or that the Pats OL just fell apart and they never moved to the spread to disguise that fact the way the Chiefs did.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Or that the Pats OL just fell apart and they never moved to the spread to disguise that fact the way the Chiefs did.

There was no way possible for them to move to the spread. They were already in it.

Agreed.

Cassel played very well on an awesome team. How will he do on a 2-14 team?

We started this off-season needing o-linemen and a DE. We have lost the 34th pick and still need those same things.

It worries me that the Pats allowed 21 Sacks in '07, with Brady at the helm. But allowed 48 Sacks in '08, with Cassel at the helm.

There are just some people in this world that will never be happy. They wake up with piss in their Cheerios. Everyone in the world likes this trade for the Chiefs, except for the eternal pessimists.

If the Chiefs didn't get a QB, I'd be hearing about how the Chiefs neglected to address that. If the Chiefs didn't sign 3-4 LB's, we 'd hearing about that. Now the Chiefs pull of a blockbuster deal that nearly ANY team in the NFL would have probably agreed to, and it's still not good enough.

Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    There are just some people in this world that will never be happy. They wake up with piss in their Cheerios. Everyone in the world likes this trade for the Chiefs, except for the eternal pessimists.

If the Chiefs didn't get a QB, I'd be hearing about how the Chiefs neglected to address that. If the Chiefs didn't sign 3-4 LB's, we 'd hearing about that. Now the Chiefs pull of a blockbuster deal that nearly ANY team in the NFL would have probably agreed to, and it's still not good enough.

Amazing.
    Ya know what? You were never going to hear about not getting a QB from me.

I'm not really the eternal pessimist. This team just continually does things that don't look right to me.

How has that been working out anyway?

Funny, how "any team in the NFL would have probably agreed to" but noone else did.

As of this moment, this is a good deal. Not the most amazing thing that any team has ever been able to push through.

We have a team that desperately needed O-line and D-line, and lots of it.

With only so many options for attaining what we need, there is reason to raise an eyebrow at this deal.

There is also plenty of reason to fear emulating The Arizona Cardinals. Four good games, of the last sixty is not something that I want to see us duplicate, myself.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast