Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: So . . . you Pioli/Haley haters look pretty dumb right now

Default So . . . you Pioli/Haley haters look pretty dumb right now

In the first day of FA, the Chiefs have managed to get a field marshal for their defense and their QBOTF - all for a 2nd round pick.

I know, I know. You were all heavily invested in loving Herm. I know that you wanted youth instead of talent.

It's unfortunate that our bandwagon will be big enough for you when we start winning games in 2009.

I'm pretty sure Cassel is the starter. We need to get this guy a long-term deal first, but I would assume we brought him in to be the starter. We need to seriously beef up this offensive line also, so that he isn't running for his life next season. Ditch McIntosh, possibly draft Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe, sign a FA(any one know of any notable offensive line free agents?).

But yes, Cassel will be the starter week 1.
    2009 Chiefs - The start of a dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    There will be no competition between these guys at camp. You can guarantee that. Cassell is the starter, final.
    If they both end up in camp together and Cassel stinks and Thigpen lights sh!t up, Thigpen will start. I don't think anyone our new management cares what anyones name is. they care about performance.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieChief 09 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Cassel is the starter. We need to get this guy a long-term deal first, but I would assume we brought him in to be the starter. We need to seriously beef up this offensive line also, so that he isn't running for his life next season. Ditch McIntosh, possibly draft Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe, sign a FA(any one know of any notable offensive line free agents?).

But yes, Cassel will be the starter week 1.
    Here is a list of the free agents and where they have signed, etc. Updated daily. Im not affiliated with them, but they keep things updated pretty well.
    http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php

The only decent player left in my opinion would be Matt Birk, C, Vikings. He is pretty old though (33). Ray Willis of Seattle may be a cheap addition that we can experiment with. I dont think there are any real good FA OL available anymore. We will have to go through the draft or make a trade for OL help.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Really? Not that much better????

Cassels numbers:

21 TD's to Thig's 18
    11 INT's to Thigs 12
    89.4 rating to Thigs 76 rating
    3693 passing yds to Thigs 2603 yds
    63.4% completions to Thigs 54.8

I say those are the numbers we need to be concerned with and they are miles in front of Thigpens numbers with the exception of the INT's!! IMO. NOW, he had better receivers to throw to so that may be a factor but the overall numbers don't compare.
    Considering that Cassel played in more games than Thig, and also had better talent offensively surrounding him, those numbers AREN'T that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    Considering that Cassel played in more games than Thig, and also had better talent offensively surrounding him, those numbers AREN'T that far off.
    The completion % is. And that's the one that's most important.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The completion % is. And that's the one that's most important.
    Quite a few drops, throw aways, and incompletions caused by a faulty o-line by my count, as well. A significant contribution to that number.

Not to mention Tyler's rocky start in Atlanta.

Quite a few drops, throw aways, and incompletions caused by a faulty o-line by my count, as well. A significant contribution to that number.

The Pats OL isn't much better anymore. Cassel hit the ground more than Thigpen, and it isn't because he liked to hold the ball.

Yeah, drops were a part of it. But not that big of a part.

Cassel is bigger, more accurate, and won eleven games last year. I like Thigpen. He's a good player, and I wouldn't have complained if he were our starter in 2009 and beyond. I want him to stay on the team as a gadget guy/backup. But we upgraded from a very serviceable Taurus to a brand new Lexus this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    If they both end up in camp together and Cassel stinks and Thigpen lights sh!t up, Thigpen will start. I don't think anyone our new management cares what anyones name is. they care about performance.
    And if Thig does win out, Cassel will be sitting on the bench collecting 15 mil. Pioli drafted Cassel. Pioli has 3 rings. Pioli brought Cassel here to get his 4th.
    That being said I agree with you that Thig will have to be truely outstanding in pre-season to win his job back.
    Thats if he's not traded by then...
    SHUT IT

You can't just throw blame for lower completion % on drops and incompletions on a faulty O-line. You can make that case for every quarterback in the league when they let the ball loose if thats how you're going to throw up an arguement. Those are variables and sitatuions that all QBs go through.

And everyone has a rocky game. Look at Cassel's numbers against Pittsburgh...a whopping 38.9 QB rating.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    The most important of the stats is the completion %.. Cassel's accuracy is leaps and bounds ahead of Thigpen's at this point. I'm a big fan of Thiggy, but he blew some opportunities down the stretch of games from not being poised in the pocket and making some poor throws.
    Comparing stats of 2 qb's on 2 different teams can be misleading to judge who may be the better qb imo. Too many intangibles. Cassels' stats were no doubt better than Thigs'. But - Cassel had the one intangible that Thig did not: A head coach that knew how to game plan. To me that makes these 2 qbs pretty even...
    SHUT IT

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast