Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So . . . you Pioli/Haley haters look pretty dumb right now

Default So . . . you Pioli/Haley haters look pretty dumb right now

In the first day of FA, the Chiefs have managed to get a field marshal for their defense and their QBOTF - all for a 2nd round pick.

I know, I know. You were all heavily invested in loving Herm. I know that you wanted youth instead of talent.

It's unfortunate that our bandwagon will be big enough for you when we start winning games in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    It depends, to me, how much we're going to have to pay Cassel.
    How much, to you, would be too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

I get the argument that we traded a 2nd rd pick for depth at QB instead of filling a need. But getting some depth at QB was a team need anyhow. This presented better value than gambling on an unproven college player.
    I didn't even need to read the rest of it.

This is truth.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I really want to see him play without Welker and Moss before we give him a huge 6 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    How much, to you, would be too much?
    Anything. Has anyone looked at Cassel's stats? Anyone? He wasn't that much better than Thigy statistically. He had a good line and still got sacked way more than Thigy.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Anything. Has anyone looked at Cassel's stats? Anyone? He wasn't that much better than Thigy statistically. He had a good line and still got sacked way more than Thigy.
    This would be a very valid argument if they played for the same team. They didn't. Maybe Thigpen would be better with the Pats, maybe Cassel will be better with the Chiefs. Fact is, if Cassel went to any other team with Vrabel for a 2nd rounder you would all be talking about what a great deal it was. And then we would have to hear about Pioli and Haley sitting on their as$es doing nothing.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I think a good way to determine whether or not this was a good trade for the Chiefs would be to look at recent history and see what we've acquired in the 2nd round and see if Mike Vrabel and Matt Cassel (proven winners) have more value than any one of these individual picks?

2008 - Brandon Flowers
    2007 - Turk McBride
    2006 - Bernard Pollard
    2005 - Kris Wilson
    2004 - Kawika Mitchell

If you want to make the argument that Pioli is drafting now and not Peterson, we can look at Pioli's last five 2nd round picks:

2008 - Terrence Wheatley - CB
    2007 - Kareem Brown - DT
    2006 - Chad Jackson - WR
    2005 - No draft pick - took Logan Mankins OG in the 1st round
    2004 - Marquis Hill - DE

This is just my opinion but I will take these two guys and the attitude and experience they bring to the locker room over any of the second rounds picks on either team's draft board over the last 5 years.

Brian

I have, but there's something you don't realize. Thigpen was in the spread 90% of the time. That 10% when he wasn't in the spread, he was awful! Right now, Cassel is better than Thigpen, Thigpen could become better, and I hope he does! We killed a lot of birds with one stone with this deal, and I'm on the Pioli train now more than ever!

As for anyone thinking Cassel will be a bust with us, that's just the fun of the NFL right?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    There are just some people in this world that will never be happy. They wake up with piss in their Cheerios. Everyone in the world likes this trade for the Chiefs, except for the eternal pessimists.

If the Chiefs didn't get a QB, I'd be hearing about how the Chiefs neglected to address that. If the Chiefs didn't sign 3-4 LB's, we 'd hearing about that. Now the Chiefs pull of a blockbuster deal that nearly ANY team in the NFL would have probably agreed to, and it's still not good enough.

Amazing.
    I could be wrong but in a thread about Cassell going to Tampa, you stated that you were glad Cassell wasn't going to be a Chief.... Now you are happy....

I am not saying I am pissy about it.... I am just skeptical. I am sure they have a plan and when it comes to, it will be better. I just don't like it so far but at least there is a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I could be wrong but in a thread about Cassell going to Tampa, you stated that you were glad Cassell wasn't going to be a Chief.... Now you are happy....

I am not saying I am pissy about it.... I am just skeptical. I am sure they have a plan and when it comes to, it will be better. I just don't like it so far but at least there is a plan.
    He also said that he thought we would have to give up a ton to get him. I think most are happy since it only cost a second.

But like it was stated before, some people are never happy.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    He also said that he thought we would have to give up a ton to get him. I think most are happy since it only cost a second.

But like it was stated before, some people are never happy.
    Just because I don't think Cassell is any better than Thigpen does not mean I am always unhappy. I think a second was to much. You can go back to Cassel threads weeks ago. I wasn't in favor of it then and I am not now... I really think he is going to need a lot more support around him. I will be happy to be wrong.

I am fine with Vrabel. It was a much needed postion specially if we are switching to a 3-4. But I see the signing much like I did when we signed Donnie Edwards.... Maybe two years.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast